Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Khan

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    McCain was supposedly offered a chance to leave Vietnam but refused in order to stay with his crew.
    He came from a prestigious military family as his father and grandfather were both Navy Admirals. He was offered an out of rotation release due to his family yet refused because other prisoners had been held longer. As a Naval Airman, he certainly showed his stripes.

I remember the day he was released in 1973, watching the newscast of he and several others stepping off the plane in the Philippines. He stood out with his awkward salute due to injuries sustained in his initial crash and later torture.

I think he's a crappy politician, but he was one helluva Airman.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

McCain should have been right up your alley politically.

One week earlier(as today's WSJ points out)...

As NR’s Jim Geraghty points out, the media are highly selective in their treatment of grieving parents:

Hey, remember when the first night of the Republican convention featured Patricia Smith, mother of Sean Smith, one of the Americans slain in Benghazi? Remember how her speech was called a “cynical exploitation of grief”? Or the “unabashed exploitation of private people’s grief” or “theweaponization of grief”? Remember how she “ruined the evening”? How it was, “a spectacle so offensive, it was hard to even comprehend”? How some liberal commentators said, “Mrs. Smith was really most interested in drinking blood rather than healing”? How her speech represented an “early dip into the gutter”? Remember how a GQ writer publicly expressed a desire to beat her to death?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    One week earlier(as today's WSJ points out)...

As NR’s Jim Geraghty points out, the media are highly selective in their treatment of grieving parents:

Hey, remember when the first night of the Republican convention featured Patricia Smith, mother of Sean Smith, one of the Americans slain in Benghazi? Remember how her speech was called a “cynical exploitation of grief”? Or the “unabashed exploitation of private people’s grief” or “theweaponization of grief”? Remember how she “ruined the evening”? How it was, “a spectacle so offensive, it was hard to even comprehend”? How some liberal commentators said, “Mrs. Smith was really most interested in drinking blood rather than healing”? How her speech represented an “early dip into the gutter”? Remember how a GQ writer publicly expressed a desire to beat her to death?
    Hey, remember how Hillary DIDN'T attack her or her grief? Remember how Hillary DIDN'T try to link her to some radical terrorist organization trying to destroy all that's good and wonderful and holy in America? Too bad the republican's 'set up' of Hillary didn't work.

Oh, and by the way, since you have apparently been in a cave for the last several years, Benghazi and Hillary's supposed involvement has been investigated 8 times now, with nary a shred of evidence to tar her with. Just because you have some Clinton derangement syndrome doesn't mean she is guilty.
    Hillary is not a criminal. Please post evidence she is.

Hillary did not hand out government secrets.
    She might have outed one of our spies as revenge for...no, wait, that would be Cheney and Bush.
    She might have written a letter to our enemy telling them to ignore our President...no, wait, that would be the republican Senate
    Maybe she invited a foreign head of state to diss our President in addressing congress...no, sorry, wrong again. That would be the republican House.

For a reasn I cant quite put my finger on, I always liked him. It is more about his physical look than anything else.

Why do you say that? Am I not living up to your expectations?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    For a reasn I cant quite put my finger on, I always liked him. It is more about his physical look than anything else.
    You're into angry grandpa look?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You're into angry grandpa look?
    Naw, Bernie didnt do it for me. Neither does larry David.

This is the McCain image that will memorialize him for me
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_135325.html

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    This is the McCain image that will memorialize him for me
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_135325.html
    Mine's more along these lines:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information