Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August Frugals!

August Frugals!

I'm still in recovery mode but - though I've found a terrific lunch place - I wan to start winding that down as I feel better.

Am off to Target for some Lean Cuisines and yogurts. I have a LC coupon and have added the Cartwheel deals to my app. I'm looking to get through Thursday and Friday together at under the average cost of just one delivered lunch.

I'm glad you are feeling better, MM!
    I had a craving for lobster yesterday and we talked about going out, but instead we took advantage of Market Basket's $4.99/lb lobster sale and got 2 small lobsters to cook at home for $10. I made a beet/arugula/strawberry/walnut/goat cheese salad which we ate with some of Herbgeek's maple balsamic vinaigrette, so it was a really nice dinner at home for cheap $$. Not to mention that a glass of wine at a restaurant would cost the price of a whole bottle from my own "wine cellar."

Just one word, Rosa: YUM!

Hi, as a mom, I always think to be frugal. I always have a food and grocery budget lists to consider. I do cooking a lot a home but I always ensure that left overs can be used for other meals like for breakfast or snacks the following day.

Roasted a bag of potatoes last night along with a big tray of zucchini. Pan sauted garlic green beans. Dinner last night and hubby has lunches for 3d.

Tonight: grilled salmon from the freezer. Greek salad with tomato and cucumber from our CSA and added our first 4 picked tomatoes from the garden.
    OMG yum Have enough leftover for snacks and/or dinner tomorrow night with grilled burgers.

Friday night: grilled chicken and more roasted squash-probably do that tomorrow night as time will be short Friday.

Boiled eggs for snacks.

So far this month I've spent $16 and some change on food.

That is truly amazing on the groceries, Gardnr, and you're eating great stuff! We didn't even attempt a vegetable garden this year due to the resident groundhog family, so we've been actually spending a bit more this month on tomatoes from the Farmer's Market. Well worth it, I should add. A well-grown local tomato is one of life's simple pleasures!
    I redeemed E-Rewards points for a $25 Macy's gift card. I don't need anything just now, but will tuck it away for when I do.
    This is turning into a very expensive month with some unexpected medical costs, a plumbing repair, etc. My end-of-month bottom line is - $715, so my challenge will be to see how much I can whittle this number down and shift as little deficit as possible to September's budget, and hopefully avoid shifting anything from savings (perish the thought!)

I had posted previously about how 3 of us supervisors in my department had collaborated and pitched the idea of expanding our work from home to weekly from twice a month. We had gotten the OK to pilot for the summer. We had a follow-up meeting last week and pilot was deemed a success and we can continue! So this saves me commuting costs for two additional days per month, not to mention time and aggravation of commuting (significant in Boston at rush hour). I also usually can fit in a nice walk with DH in the AM of my WFH days, so there are increased mental and physical health benefits. I'm very pleased, to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I had posted previously about how 3 of us supervisors in my department had collaborated and pitched the idea of expanding our work from home to weekly from twice a month. We had gotten the OK to pilot for the summer. We had a follow-up meeting last week and pilot was deemed a success and we can continue!
    That's great news. Seems like management should not be afraid of employees working from home, especially with software where you clock in and out. I'd also think the city transportation departments would be touting that to companies to help with rush hour traffic, as you'd said. Benefits all the way around!

Picked up a fun side gig as an online English teacher. Doesn't pay much, but I'm putting the money towards paying for the little fun things that aren't 100% necessary, but make daily life just that little bit sweeter. It's nice to have "spending money" again, just like when I was a kid!

Free garden-grown tomatoes from one of my employees!

Thread Information