Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree frog in my bedroom!

Tree frog in my bedroom!

LOL! this was definitely a first for me! I was coming out of the bedroom and looked down and thought it was a leaf on the carpet. I leaned over to pick it up, and it hopped!! It was a tree frog!! I couldn't believe my eyes. We have nothing opened to the outside. It was very cold, so I wonder if it came up through the vent.....Although the ductwork shouldn't have any breaks in it. So..........I chased it under the bed, under the dresser, under the desk, and finally caught it. I put it outside. Hey....living out in the country you never know what to expect. LOL!

Aren't they the most wonderful little frogs? They feel so soft to the touch like velvet and a beautiful shade of green.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'd take a frog over stepping out of the bathroom and seeing a snake any day! (BTDT)
    My oldest rescued a little frog out of the bumper boat pool the other day. Told me later he kept it in his cooler until he could take it to the woods. Gave that an extra wash.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I'd take a frog over stepping out of the bathroom and seeing a snake any day! (BTDT)
    My oldest rescued a little frog out of the bumper boat pool the other day. Told me later he kept it in his cooler until he could take it to the woods. Gave that an extra wash.
    Awww.....that was sweet of your son! I always try to take things back to where it seems they belong.

About a month ago, I got up around midnight and saw something out of the corner of my eye..... a flying bat... IN THE HOUSE. Woke DH and we could not find him again. DH thought I was seeing things! The next night went to the bathroom off the bedroom and saw the bat outlined in the window. Ran out and shut the door, however, the bat already had gotten out and was in our bedroom (the dog was growling so we knew). Finally caught him by throwing a large bowl over him and slipping the lid under. We then threw the bat back outside. We figured he must have come in when we let the dog out before going to bed???? Sure hope that doesn't happen again!

Do you have a fireplace, frugal-one? Many years ago when we first moved here, in the middle of the night, I heard "whoosh.....whoosh" over my head. Turn the light on and it was a bat flying over my head. I'm sure it got in from the chimney.
    I feel really badly about how we handled it, but I know better now. It flew to the stone face of the fireplace and DH smashed it with a broom. Sure wish I could do that over differently.
    But.......it was pretty scary at the time.

Once I was watering a plant and just as I reached up with the watering can, a tree frog leapt onto my chest. I screamed as if an axe murderer was after me and dh...continued watching tv. Sigh. I told him I could be dying, and he said he heard me breathe in and not scream again and knew it was all right.

My mom always treated even the lowliest bug so kindly...an example I sometimes find hard to follow.

WE live in a high desert about a block from a park with a tiny pond and are finding frogs in our backyard like crazy. Once my DH was going to finish some pavers in backyard and seal them but fortunately he picked a few up and there was a little family of frogs. We take them back to the pond in a bucket.

Our pool attracts quite a few tree frogs each spring. My youngest grandsons annual job is to catch them all and release them in the creek. It's a full time job.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I find it hard to kill things. I do send ticks down the toilet (forgive me tick), and mosquitoes get swiped away with force. I find it hard to kill flies too, so if I can't catch them, I swear at them and throw my kitchen towel around while yelling.

Thread Information