Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    Bugs and spiders can have a simple cause - taking allergy medication. My husband has the feeling of bugs in the bed and crawling on him if he takes Benadryl or Sudafed. He jumps up, turns on the lights, inspects the bed ... he often knows it's not real but is driven to check anyway.
    Thank you! I take a Zyrtec almost daily as well as several BP meds. There very well could be a connection to meds that I hadn't thought of.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Does anyone have regular, vivid, meaningful dreams? How do you manage.
    I engage in some practices that cultivate a conscious dream-state through ritual and physical activity. The resultant images and feelings and physical reactions are quite vivid and powerful, though I'm not sure there is any deep hidden meaning to be drawn from them, the experience itself is the meaning for me.

I realize that I ate chocolate the night I had the ear wax dream. I must be mildly allergic to chocolate because I get itchy ears sometimes. I think that dream was just my chocolate itchy ears thing.

I find that sometimes I get dreams while meditating. I will have a fully formed total idea for a novel or something and then go back to my breath. As long as I don't get too caught up in it then it is fine.

I have vivid, colorful and entertaining dreams every night. I also have lucid dreams in the morning right before I get up. I have never believed in the symbolism in dream interpretation books. I think images have different meanings to each of us. Who knows, maybe you had a dream about earwax because you didn't want to hear something or heard something you were having problems accepting.. I think you have to ask yourself how it could apply to you.
    We often will binge watch TV series on Netflix. I find that I get very involved in the plot lines and characters. Those will usually provide several nights of dreams.

It's interesting. About once a month I have a dream where I'm trying to eat something with my night mouth guard still in my mouth (it's to prevent damage from grinding my teeth). When that happens I almost always wake up with an aching jaw so I assume the dream happens on those occasions when I do actually grind my teeth.

I have recurring dreams of missing planes, trains, etc. Might be because of my job, but I worry that it's because of a feeling that I'm missing something important. I'm "missing the boat" on my life, so to speak. It plagues me.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    argh dreams, I have a lot of them. I am not sure how to interpret them all the time but I give it a try. I have a friend who has a dream counselor and that sounds interesting but I am not spending money there now of course.

So last night I had something about ear wax, I can't find anything on ears in the dream dictionary so I looked at hearing. That had hearing aids which wasn't really the same. But I got some meaning out of it.

Does anyone have regular, vivid, meaningful dreams? How do you manage. I am often affected all day by a really powerful dream and a need to make sense of it.
    I have vivid meaningful dreams and have done since about 3 or 4 years of age. I still remember some from that long ago. One my earliest dreams came when I was 3 and the Fonz "jumped the shark" on Happy Days, which we used to watch as a family. I dreamed that my mother, sister and I were jumping over a shark. That one took a while to understand because, well, I was three. Only later did I make the connection to the TV show. Not that meaningful, but it made an impact as it felt so real that I thought it actually happened. That was common for me at that age, and my parents had to explain that dreams are not real. They sure felt real to me.

I find that rarely can anyone properly interpret someone else's dreams. I've looked at dream "dictionaries" and I find them silly.

Sometimes it helps me to write it down and think it over later if I feel like I need to or if it left me unsettled. Some recurring types of dreams have been part of my life for decades, and it took me years to figure them out although they were quite simple once I made the connections. Sometimes I can write it down, let it simmer in the background, and it will suddenly come clear.

For example, one of my recurring dreams is of a tsunami wave heading right towards me. This is symbolic of my feeling overwhelmed, usually with work issues. Simple, right? But it actually took me a few years to figure out b/c this dream does not happen often (it can be years in between), and the circumstances change each time.

If it happens often enough to bother you, I'd recommend a dream journal of whatever sort you like. Putting pen to paper can help clarify on its own, but it also preserves and distills the memory of the dream events so your mind can ruminate over them while you go about your day.
    Last edited by TVRodriguez; 8-26-16 at 10:59am. Reason: added the "jump the shark" reference

Thread Information