Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dreams

dreams

argh dreams, I have a lot of them. I am not sure how to interpret them all the time but I give it a try. I have a friend who has a dream counselor and that sounds interesting but I am not spending money there now of course.

So last night I had something about ear wax, I can't find anything on ears in the dream dictionary so I looked at hearing. That had hearing aids which wasn't really the same. But I got some meaning out of it.

Does anyone have regular, vivid, meaningful dreams? How do you manage. I am often affected all day by a really powerful dream and a need to make sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    dream counselor
    Credentials?

Last night I had a dream that I am still feeling the effects of. I dont think it has important meaning so I do not try to make sense of it, I just experience it. This was a good dream about a dog and also about professinally painted cabinents!.

Though I'm not afraid of them in real life, almost nightly I dream about spiders. Sometimes a big black spider and sometimes thousands of baby spiders. They always seem to come from the head of my bed (against a wall with a window right over the bed (no room for a headboard). They just pour out of the space between my pillows and wall. I always jump up and throw back the covers and turn on the light across the room. And after I check everything I don't seem to have a problem going back to sleep.

I use to have more premonition dreams, they would re-occur until I actually found myself traveling down that road or sitting in that same room with that same group of people I'd never met before. Haven't had one of those in years.

I think my current spider dreams are unsettled issues, conflicts, and general unhappiness about some things in my current life.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I have had some total premonition dreams, more of that while waking. I go through periods where the deja vu is very regular and throws me off a little. When I have premonition dreams it is more symbolic than literal. I have some that are really lovely, some that are truly scary, and most are somewhere in the middle. They hold my attention however are not nightmares.

The spider thing can be about a dominant female in your life, but there were lots of ideas in the dream dictionary. That one was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post

The spider thing can be about a dominant female in your life, but there were lots of ideas in the dream dictionary. That one was interesting.
    No dominant females in my life. Actually very few females in my life and I have a great relationship with my mother.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I used to have Deja vu from time to time and eventually I figured out that it tended to happen mainly on days when I was significantly sleep deprived. For years now I have made getting adequate sleep a priority and can't remember having a Deja vu in years.

Bugs and spiders can have a simple cause - taking allergy medication. My husband has the feeling of bugs in the bed and crawling on him if he takes Benadryl or Sudafed. He jumps up, turns on the lights, inspects the bed ... he often knows it's not real but is driven to check anyway.

I linked nightmares to my blood sugar dropping in the middle of the night, I would get woken up and realize I was super hungry! I snack before bed now all the time

I have recurring uncomfortable dreams of being lost, but I have a poor sense of direction in real life so I take it to mean that my mind is processing this low level anxiety.

Thread Information