Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you decorate?

I also don't feel pressure to decorate, really. My mother and sister go wild with it, and it's nice, but I like to keep it simple. I get a lot of complements on how i decorate.

DH & I decorate the house for Winter Solstice; we have quirky home-made things the kids made for us, as well a thrift store finds. Mostly we hang little white lights everywhere, and use the ficus tree as the base for decorating. It's sweet & pretty. Lots of bring-back-the-light stuff.

My house is decorated by having the things we love out - vintage dishes, which we use - nothing is off limits, though the more fragile stuff is not used often. My husband's photos are hung & all the artwork in the house is original by artists we know or appreciate - paintings, pastels & a cool sculpture. Lots of color - the kitchen, which is actually a kitchen/dining room is four vibrant colors (2 shades of green, some yellow, and a brick red wall). I found a silk sari at the Goodwill with lighter shades of the brick red wall, and it's a curtain swag. We have Guatemalan textiles all around, as I lived there. And my grandmother's Navajo rugs are in the living room... we were inspired to get them out after visiting Santa Fe last fall, and they look awesome with our rustic bentwood chair (made by a friend), a red leather chair & footstool (Goodwill), and all the rocks we bring home from the beach.

So, yeah, we decorate; if it's from the Goodwill, something we can make, or found items and is cool, artistic & quirky, it's welcomed!

Thread Information