Thread: closet clean out time

closet clean out time

It is time to get ready for winter I guess, this morning it was 50 when I took my son to work at 8 so the weather is changing a little. I have been thinking about doing the closet clean out and make a list of what I really need in my wardrobe. Oh dear, the stress! I wish my best friend lived here or I at least had a selfie-stick to take photos. Maybe when my son's girlfriend is up she can be my feedback person.

This is in part spurred because my mom sent photos of me with my kids from their last visit and once again I hate them. It is the chest, it is awkwardly large and I seem to wear the wrong thing. All the horizontal stripes are going no matter how much I like them!! I look terrible. And clingy knits are out, anything high on my neck like turtlenecks, out. However when I am careful what I wear I don't look that huge. And maybe real shopping for clothes that work in the wardrobe better. I want to special order a white button down that fits, and decide on some great, wear with everything, black pants.

And my mom offered to send me some capris as hand me downs, Nooooo! I have a few things she has handed down that work, but like 1 out of 50 works for me.

Could you use Skype or FaceTime? My mom was working on her closet and she set up her iPad and face timed me. She'd step away to change and then step back to model the clothes, but we could still hear each other. Maybe you could do that with your friend?

Oooh good idea, I will see if she is around today to do that.

It is still too hot in my area to sort my clothes yet, and it is preparing to rain too.

So I seriously looked at my closet, I got rid of 5 things. I guess I am already low key on my wardrobe. I put sweat pants in the 'go' pile, I have PJ pants and I wear real clothes otherwise.

I am going to put together outfits and make sure that I have full outfits. One great dress I need a shirt to put under since it is more winter and sleeveless. I also need a great pair of black pants so I looked around online to narrow down where I go shopping. I am looking for the great sale days at those stores. I will spend a lot more on one good pair because I will wear them all the time, I currently have knit pants with a comfortable waist but those are not so dressy.

it's good you know what looks good on you and what you need to fill the gaps in your wardrobe

Thread Information