Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Success and happy!!!

TxZen

Success and happy!!!

SOOO much has happened. I will try to keep this short but I don't promise.

I moved out to a small 1 bedroom with my son this summer. I basically had to find out if I want to and can do this whole thing on my own and I need space. I have spent a lot of time talking to my son. I don't EVER bash his dad but I also talk about appropriate behavior and expectations, in a round about way to explain things and get through things. He does see his father and it's working so far..not great but ok.

I took my recliner, my son's bed, desk and dresser, some bedding, clothes, shoes, personal items (which all fit into a small bin- things like my son's artwork, pictures, a few memory items), 2 boxes of books, some kitchen items, 3 lamps, and another box of loose ends (yoga stuff, candles, oil diffuser, salt lamp, a few frames), vacuum, and my Jeep and my bike. I re-potted all my outdoor plants and I have 4 pots now, instead of 9. I was able to move it all in either my Jeep or 1 truck load, with room to spare.

I SOLD or GAVE AWAY everything else that was mine, which was the majority of what was in the house. I have bought a pull out love seat to sleep on and I am very happy. I did it all in 4 days because I just put my mind to it and did it. It was so freeing y'all!!! I put stuff on the curb for free and it was taken, I posted stuff on our HOA for cheap prices and it was all taken, the rest was all donated and I had the trash company come pick up a large load of junk that was not worth giving away.

My son loves having his space and I let him put his Lego creations all over the apartment. I also purchased 4 old chairs and a long table, so we can eat and spread out with our projects. I recently inherited a used leather chaise that the animals are enjoying or I use to read in. The place came with a washer and dryer, so that is nice.

We have spent everyday that I am not at school or doing some side jobs, either at the pool, visiting somewhere local, walking, biking, or walking the dog, just hanging out, etc. Son is enrolled in swimming and that takes up a lot of time but I am enjoying it.

Yes, I had to leave 2 dogs but they are at the house for now. It's a hard situation that I still cry about. SO hard...

I also took the 2 cats. They already adjusted and like being up high.

I have lost over 22 lbs already and am sleeping well for the first time in years and I am not even trying.

It was hard at first and I have to force myself to get out but once I do, I am ok. There have been some awkward moments with people I run into but I have said nothing about my personal life. I just keep moving along.

I finally had enough of the sulking and guilt at home. I couldn't take it anymore. My mind and health were suffering. I took 2 days to clean out everything and just starting throwing it into bags and donating it. With all the flooding going on allover Texas, I had people willing to take anything. It took me another 2 days to organize everything and make plans.

WE have no tv, just a laptop and an old Ipad. There is spot by the front door that has built in shelves and a desk area. It is perfect for all my school stuff and books and a place for us to work. I feel so organized. Everything is put up but it feels comfortable and homey. This apartment building is quite quiet and I live on the third floor, so I overlook some trees and can see the river. Very peaceful!!!

Who knows what the future holds but school starts for both of us in the next 2 weeks and I have picked up a part time job. I am rather excited!!! I think this is me preparing for whatever comes and I feel good that I am somewhat at peace and organized in at least some part of my life. I will really have to decided by next summer what is going to happen. There are so many milestones that I will be reaching and I need to be ready to enjoy them.

Glad that you have found some peace in your life along with a sense of direction. It is so much healthier that feeling trapped and stifled.
    Let it unfold and be willing to be delightfully surprised.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

So glad to hear you are doing well!!

Wonderful! Glad you are well!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thanks so much for the update, TxZen! I'm so glad you and your son are doing well in your new space and new living arrangement. So glad, too, to hear that you're sleeping well...that's the fountain of youth and happiness for me, for sure! It's awkward to say "congratulations" about a marriage breaking up, but having been divorced myself, it was simultaneously the hardest and best choice for me. Good for you for stepping into life with such courage!

If we could rate your landing as if it were an Olympic event, I think this one would be a 15.something. Congratulations on your new life!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Wow, what a lot of change, in such a short time! You're very brave!

Remind me again, what are you studying?

glad you made a move for the better. Keep us updated on what you are doing.

congratulations on taking some very hard steps. Your new life sounds so peaceful.

So happy to hear how well things are working out. It sounds like you're finally able to live up to your chosen screen name!

Thread Information