Thread: Cleaning Out Your Email and Spam Folders

Cleaning Out Your Email and Spam Folders

I haven't done any KonMari today but while at the library, I got rid of some emails and spam by doing the unsubscribe thing. The library has faster internet speed so it was much quicker. I had signed up for freebie coupon site that was sending me like 30 emails a day plus I think it shared my email address with other sites. That should slow that down!

I have about 13,000 work emails. When it is slow I start to delete them. To get access to some lesson plan things I need to sign up for the newsletters and then I need to unsubscribe after. But it is a huge project!

I am better about making folders for my personal email, it is still a huge number. I have had the same email accounts for years so that is a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I have about 13,000 work emails. When it is slow I start to delete them. To get access to some lesson plan things I need to sign up for the newsletters and then I need to unsubscribe after. But it is a huge project!
    that was me at work! But I could always pull up some random agenda item we had talked about months before, lol.

I'm not as bad at home but every few months, I have to do a giant purge. I am horrible about using folders.

I am deleting the work ones and finding lots of ones that are asking a simple question, then I would get another question, then I would reply back and forth over something like what we needed for an agenda item 3 years ago.

I am up to March 2014 in my clean out!

Well done, 19Sandy! I have yet to tackle that.

Zoe Girl, are you working backwards or forwards? One thing I read (not from KonMari but it's similar to her method) is to select ALL email messages in one folder, then unselect the ones you want to keep and hit DELETE to get rid of the rest. I did that a while back in my personal email but then let it slide. So I have tons again. And at work I keep lots of emails in my regular inbox and just use the search button.

Well that slowed things down but I am having problem with gmail for some reason.

Thread Information