Thread: Reiki II

Reiki II

Finally, I took a formal Reiki II class over the weekend. I was satisfied with the instruction and learned a lot. Participants are asked to complete a workshop review and talk about what would make the class better. I thought about it afterwards, they never mentioned charging for a Reiki session. I followed up in email asking about this and have had no reply. I am not surprised at that. I learned Reiki II primarily as I give to horses at a rescue where I volunteer. I would never charge for this service. But, if a person came along, or a horse owner asking for a Reiki session for the horse that's not at a rescue, shouldn't I be ready with a cost?

I don't know if I need a license to offer Reiki? I don't have room at my house. That sounds like going into business to me. There's another layer of Reiki called the Master Level. Not sure I'll ever do that but at what point does a person turn around and have the confidence to start asking for a fee for service? I wished I'd thought of that during the workshop. They never once mentioned business besides their own. They did try to push more of their courses on us, if anything, that was where I wanted to leave, I mean they kept giving brochures for this training and that. I got the impression it's all about them and no answer will be forthcoming.

I did sign up to attend the Animal Reiki Clinic in September so I will see them soon. This is pro bono and a chance for me to be with others who prefer giving Reiki to animals.
    Here is a link to my blog page http://francesannwy.wordpress.com/

I don't think there are licensing laws in my state. Hospice only hired Reiki Masters and they got paid for their work. Some social workers were trained in it but had to stop doing it because it is considered "hands on" care that is not part of their licensure. I don't think I would feel comfortable charging until I had reached the Master level or was working in a practice with fellow Reiki practitioners, but that's just me. Congrats on doing this, it takes a special sort of person.

What is Reiki? How does it work?

I was told by my Reiki master that it is a form of energy, and so is money. So you exchange one form of energy for another.

When the new massage laws came out in NJ a few years ago, they were considering requiring a license for Reiki practitioners, which is ridiculous. Reflexologists don't need a license, and you actually touch a person, where in Reiki, you can do a whole session without ever touching the client. Or, as in Level 2, treat from a distance.

Practicing on animals in my state is a complicated thing. For many things, you have to be a vet. My horse's chiropractor/acupuncturist was regular human chiro, and was told she couldn't practice on animals unless she was a vet. So, she went to vet school, graduated, and does only chiro/acu on animals.

I don't know what you would learn in classes for animals. Once you practice enough Reiki, and get your hands on lots of animals, it becomes more of an intuitive thing.

Thread Information