Thread: The Mamas and the Papas

Smile The Mamas and the Papas

I never imagined that when I was watching and listening to the Mamas and Papas in the 1970s that they would one day have their own special on PBS. Cass Elliott's daughter looks so much like her too.

Nostalgia time!

I loved the Mamas and the Papas so much back then. loved them! I bought all of their albums and I did that for only one other vroup. I,think there was only two or three albums before they all broke up, though.I havent seen that special,,will have to watch for it.

I guess we missed it. I will be on the lookout for it to show on PBS again.

My daughter is on the local Roller Derby team. Her derby name is Mama Crass. I don't think she'd ever seen Cass Elliot before deciding on the name.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My daughter is on the local Roller Derby team. Her derby name is Mama Crass.
    Hahaha! Nice!

I still have my LPs from back in the day but no record player. I should probably try to sell the things.

Mama Cass had a heart attack at a young age possibly due to her weight but she was also trying to lose weight using meds and such. What a loss because she was so talented.

Tonight is country music on PBS. Glen Campbell, Crystal Gayle and others. I grew up listing to country at home and the neighbor kids laughed. But, I also listened to 60s and 70s music (though my parents disapproved). Then my kids got me interested in Allanis Morrissette, Dido and others. I like almost any kind of music (expect rap or foul lyrics). Some hard rock is okay too. I wish I could afford to buy these DVDs.

Roy Clark is the MC for this show - and yes, we watched HEE HAW each week! Loved Minnie Pearl!

Thread Information