Thread: I am living in a Sauna

I am living in a Sauna

How can it be at 96 percent humidity and not be raining?!

Yuck, but it is making me feel awful but I don't want to turn on the AC again - sigh.

The box fan is blowing on me but that is doing much.

Okay, I have the worst heat rash from this weather, but then a terrible hail storm came up from nowhere and what a rain! It was like a hurricane and tornado combined with huge pieces of flat ice (not round pieces). What a mess it is outside. Had electrical outages and brownouts too. So, no movie watching. Rain was coming in through the closed windows, and I was scurrying from window to window with a towel to clean it up. Power is back on so I am ready for my Sunday night TV lineup rather than doing anything else.

My goodness where do you live, 19Sandy? It's been hot here all summer...we have two window AC that have been running much more than usual. In the morning I can put the whole house fan on to pull in cooler air until about noon, then it's been AC...turn it off around 10:30 or 11 pm and the coolness maintains until the morning...usually.

Sounds like it is the Midwest. We have had days of pop up storms. In limited areas, trees are down and 20,000 lost power. My friend had trees covering her driveway, no power and therefore no AC or water. Amazing amount of sudden rain and many basements are flooded. I think they said 12 tornados were created last week.

I could stand the heat if the humidity was not so high.

My DD lives in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. The other day she said it was so humid you could "lick the air."
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Well, my region lost a lot!! of trees, what a mess it is. Trees and branches in the streets, and huge, old and beautiful trees torn up by the roots. I can hear the buzz saws of crews coping with damage to the trees right now. And, the sauna is back.

cannot stand the heat. It has been hotter here than usual. My last electric was $127, more than it has ever been. That is for keeping 1400 sq ft at 74 degrees. I am looking forward to Fall.

Thread Information