Thread: Nowheresville

Nowheresville

I got a bee in my bonnet that I should update my CPR and first aid training and found out that NO one in my entire county offers it anymore. The Red Cross closed so I made numerous phone calls. I don't know how I will find the time to travel to another county (plus pay for gas) and the class. I might have to put this idea on hold. Trust me, I called everyplace and was told that people had to leave the county for the training. It wasn't always like that here but I so! want to move from nowheresville. It is like my entire county doesn't exist for some reason. The last class I took was like 10 dollars and was about 3 to 4 hours for 3 or 4 classes on weeknights. And, it was nearby. Now, everything is going away in my county and there is next to nothing. None of the medical facilities, nursing homes or anyone else provides it. Ridiculous!

I would take the hint and follow everyone and everything out of the area.
    But seriously. I imagine you could make do with sources like YouTube in the meantime. And there may be online courses you could take.

The thing about Nowheresvilles everywhere is that they are pretty cheap to live in.

I'm a real nowhere man
    Sitting in my nowhere land
    Making all my nowhere plans for nobody
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

See if you can organize a trainer to do a session for a group and visit your community.

Here, a quite remote spot, our fire department runs regular classes.

Bae has a good approach. See who else might need an update and ask them to help you find enough to run a class. Swimmers who do lifesaving rescues, coaches of all sports, firefighters, nursing staff of all facilities, most teachers, other healthcare professionals... Keep asking until you find a group that clicks.
    Last edited by razz; 10-12-16 at 5:43pm.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yeah, the Y used to do it all the time for the Red Cross senior lifesaving test.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Bae has a good approach. See who else might need an update and ask them to help you find enough to run a class. Swimmers who do lifesaving rescues, coaches of all sports, firefighters, nursing staff of all facilities, most teachers, other healthcare professionals... Keep asking until you find a group that clicks.
    And everyone who does childcare, there must be a center or homebased care in your county.

Thread Information