Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the UK

Hello from the UK

Hello,

I'm a teacher and parent to a 7-yr old in the UK. I've been reading a few posts on here so thought I'd jump in and introduce myself. I've been following what I describe as a 'simple life' for about a year or so now: decluttering, making my own products instead of buying, meditating and going for experiences over 'stuff'. My dream is to downsize completely and live in a tiny home or a houseboat. Maybe one day! Looking forward to getting to know some of you on here.

Claire

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Live on a canal boat!
    haha, I know they are expensive. We enjoyed our short break on the canals of Shropsire.

Where are yu in the U.K? I love the U.K.

Thank you for the welcomes. Iris - I'm in Cheshire so just north of Shropshire, also lots of canals around here but you're right they are expensive and it's quite difficult to find a permanent mooring spot.

Quote Originally Posted by greenclaire View Post
    Thank you for the welcomes. Iris - I'm in Cheshire so just north of Shropshire, also lots of canals around here but you're right they are expensive and it's quite difficult to find a permanent mooring spot.
    Oh yes! On our jaunt in that part of England I remember a particular lunch where I orderd a cheese plate and got a huge servng of multiple cheeses and they were heavenly! It sounds trite to praise the cheese in Cheshire, but it is worthy of all praise.

And I am sitting here looking at a paintng of Chester, one of my favorite cities.

Welcome to our Simple Living discussions.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-2-16 at 3:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh yes! On our jaunt in that part of England I remember a particular lunch where I orderd a cheese plate and got a huge servng of multiple cheeses and they were heavenly! It sounds trite to praise the cheese in Chesire, but it is worthy of all praise.

And I am sitting here looking at a paintng of Chester, one of my favorite cities.

Welcome to our Simple Living discussions.
    I actually work in Chester so have the pleasure of walking through the city every week day

Quote Originally Posted by greenclaire View Post
    I actually work in Chester so have the pleasure of walking through the city every week day
    It is a small world. The only cityscape I have hanging in my living room is of Chester.

Maybe one of these people is you! Haha.

image.jpg
    Sorry, this is upside down and I do not know how to right it.

I live in St.Louis, MIssouri.

Welcome! glad to have you a new member.

Welcome! You and my daughter share a name, it is my favorite name. I look forward to hearing about your simple life in the UK.

Hi, Claire, and welcome! I spent many years living in England (Reading, London, Hastings, Winchester) and had a great time. The abundance of charity shops made my shopping life a joy! I am also a teacher (though not a classroom-type one anymore), and know how easy it is to become a school supply packrat. Good for you for lightening the load. I look forward to your participation here...there are some amazing people on this site!

Thread Information