Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back from Denver.....

The people I see going into recreational outlets here are all over the map age-wise--Our very first customer after cannabis was legalized was a 65-year old woman, IIRC. Maybe because our medical dispensaries are badly mismanaged--dare I say persecuted?--possibly because the state makes more money from recreational pot. Me, I send my 80-year old beloved in with a list .

We were in Denver a year ago and and it was a great place to visit. Very fun! We live in the West and love where we live. Many people retire here.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The people I see going into recreational outlets here are all over the map age-wise--Our very first customer after cannabis was legalized was a 65-year old woman, IIRC.
    Probably not worth much other than general interest:

No real progress is being made. The DEA just banned kratom, which would be my first choice in pain relief beyond what you can get with OTC medicine, although maybe only short and not long term as it's NOT entirely non-addictive.

I don't have any chronic pain or even any pain that doesn't respond to NSAIDs, but I do know if you are in pain (say after surgery etc.) the medical system will NOT prescribe adequate pain relief. So ugh a heretoforth entirely legal drug becoming illegal, one step forward, two steps back. And no it usually doesn't make you high, didn't for me.
    Trees don't grow on money

pain management in this country is a joke. Over and over in hospice, I got terminally ill oncology patients whose oncologists refused to manage their pain adequately until we got involved and I had to make the phone call time and again that "gee, lortab every 6 hours does not seem to be effectively managing this guy's pain, can we try something stronger?"

People with chronic pain that is not from a terminal illness usually suffer needlessly, IMHO.

And I understand that if you medicate with cannabis and are trying to qualify for disability, you are putting your claim at risk. Don't get me started on the quality of health "care" in this country.

I have no experience with kratom, but I thought Schedule 1 drugs were supposed to be those with no medical uses. That clearly doesn't apply to kratom or cannabis. (Or LSD, ayahuasca, psilocybin...)

Thread Information