Thread: when one part of life gets organized,....

when one part of life gets organized,....

it seems that more just follows.

I am in my school!! The construction is still getting finished, teachers are having tables still built, trim needs to go up, paint in areas, but we are in the building after 3 months out and my room at least is ready to go. I find that having ONE PLACE to have all my work stuff is so wonderful again. I do not have ANY work boxes in my car anymore, and nothing in my house. I need to move 3 items that are stored other places from summer camp. The building is beautiful too, weed and bond money makes for a much better, safer learning environment. Our classrooms all have doors now!

What I noticed is that over the weekend my apartment has really settled and gotten cleaned up. I am able to deal with all the pockets of stuff very quickly, but before this I knew it wasn't much use to try. Even though the work related stuff was packed in boxes and neatly set aside I still wasn't able to get things organized and cleaned out. Even my son and his girlfriend got a lot of their stuff in order, not that it was a terrible mess but it just all is coming together without me asking at all.

Enjoying it, ...

Aww, i love organization. This is such a positive step.

WTG!

I'm so glad you are in a nicer environment.

i find that I am slowly getting acclimated. When you read articles about hoarders and people talk about not understanding how they can tolerate the mess, psychologists always talk about acclimation, and how the mess builds up slowly and people get used to it and literally stop seeing it.

i am finally going the other way - when I first clean out an area, it makes me feel unsettled, but now I haven't done any big clean outs for a while, and I'm starting to get used to the space. When I go into my barn - which I did a huge clean out on in June, making it feel open and spacious, I now see the small messes and the areas I didn't get to. The messy basket of toys and power cords on the living room floor and the box of paperdolls under the night stand in the bedroom I haven't focused on yet are bugging me....

ironically, the studio, which is still a disaster area, doesn't bug me at all.

I am back to a lot of stuff! And I realize I got rid of a lot of things at the end of summer camp so I really need to shop for my program tomorrow. No markers or drawing paper or anything! I don't have time to go to the re-use place this week where I can get things super cheap so I will just get what I absolutely need for now. Maybe this weekend I can go. Back to school night is tomorrow night and I need to have my space all ready, that means parent board, paper work together for passing out, room cute and organized and ahhhhh . I will be at WalMart at 8 am. All that clearing out was good but now I need to get more stuff.

My staff is new so they are working on things but really there is a lot I either need to do or do a lot of supervision on. My old staff person who was promoted was super great at these things, I really miss her. My one experienced staff only stayed 2 hours because she is a nanny for a family still. My other staff was still helping out other sites but took some work home. My new guy who is really new to this work cut out all the letters for our signs and posters, and then we had no glue sticks. I guess we used those up over the summer too.

Thread Information