Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Hobby?

I need to buy a cheap jigsaw puzzle at the dollar store.

Never played Mah jongg - but now I want to.

Bae- that is rather scary!

Tried knitting and crocheting and it isn't part of my skill set

I can read better without my Progressives but probably need new ones but not in the budget right now (those are not those $100 bargains as advertised on TV).

Reading, bicycling (more transportation than hobby,) drawing, writing, observing nature, gardening, dancing, archery, piano, guitar, archery, calligraphy, playing with my dogs, theater, DIY. I'm a dilettante.

Walking/hiking has been my favorite thing; I have a wonky sacroiliac joint that's making that very painful right now. Nix on yoga, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Reading, bicycling (more transportation than hobby,) drawing, writing, observing nature, gardening, dancing, archery, piano, guitar, archery, calligraphy, playing with my dogs, theater, DIY. I'm a dilettante.

Walking/hiking has been my favorite thing; I have a wonky sacroiliac joint that's making that very painful right now. Nix on yoga, too.
    Gosh, I wish we could meet IRL. We have many similar interests!

Neat thread. Simple question, but I'm learning new things about everyone.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Reading.

Can whiskey be a hobby?

Walking, not over-earnest hiking, just walking.

Can charitable work be considered a hobby?

Trying to raise a child who can think for herself, support herself and enjoy herself without drifting into selfishness.

Crossword puzzles. There, I've admitted it.

I forgot crossword puzzles. I dabbled in Cryptic crosswords for awhile--try those, great fun.
    Also origami and needlepoint. I'd be a walker, and maybe I will be again; goes with nature "study."

Quote Originally Posted by greenclaire View Post
    I make dollhouse and miniature things. I like the research part and learning techniques as you get to do a bit of sewing, painting, designing, modelling, wood carving etc.

I'm in the middle of a 1930s style mock-tudor house of the type which are very popular around here but now I'm back at work progress has definitely slowed!
    I love miniatures. Love them! I had a very small collection started 40 years ago, and i stopped there because I was afraid it would become an all consuming hobby. I used to read Nutshell News at the library (is that even still i. Publication?) I have even attended miniature shows without buying anything.

A few years ago I gathered up the small items .i owned and donated them to our local miniature club. They maintain a "museum" in the city that is kind of nice. I feel such a pull toward miniatures but am fearfull of al, of the crap that will bring into my life, so nope, wont go there.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I love miniatures. Love them! I had a very small collection started 40 years ago, and i stopped there because I was afraid it would become an all consuming hobby. I used to read Nutshell News at the library (is that even still i. Publication?) I have even attended miniature shows without buying anything.

A few years ago I gathered up the small items .i owned and donated them to our local miniature club. They maintain a "museum" in the city that is kind of nice. I feel such a pull toward miniatures but am fearfull of al, of the crap that will bring into my life, so nope, wont go there.
    Yes, it isn't a great hobby for decluttering and a minimalist type lifestyle as you do quickly accumulate things! Ebay is my main vice as I keep seeing houses on there that need some TLC and it takes a lot of will power to stop myself buying them.

I love cooking, baking and photography.

Kayaking is my big one.
    I also like to sew a little (more abstract), knit/crochet, piano, garden, photography, and write lists.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Sewing, embroidery, crochet, veggie gardening, birdwatching, zentangling, word puzzles, Sudoku. Dabble in photography. I've tried more things than I've stuck with. Like Jane, I'm a dabbler.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information