Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn Berniecrats--Burlington area cute house alert

Attn Berniecrats--Burlington area cute house alert

Could not resist, these were so neat, and I know a lot of us would like to move to Burlington area:

This is in Milton really close to water:
    1701 Lake Road, Milton

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...33_rect/10_zm/

This is the on-the-lake option, same price:

453 Ferrand Road, Georgia VT

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale...87_rect/10_zm/

Wow, tempting

No way! We used to rent a cottage every summer as a family in Milton, and lake road was on the way! Small small world.

For under $150k each?? They are GREAT!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    For under $150k each?? They are GREAT!
    That second one is waterfront, right on the lake! I know they are not right in Burlington, but they look kind of close.
    Herbgeek, that is so cool that you used to summer in Milton!

I can't get over the prices!

At some point I'm going to go on a tour of those towns and islands north of Burlington. My realtor lives in South Hero (Bernie's new place is in North Hero). I want to know what types of communities they are. I don't mind if they're 20-30 minutes outside of Burlington, but I don't want to have to drive miles to see a store or friendly face.

herbgeek, what do you recall about Milton?

ETA, this one, in Colchester, which I know is directly north of the Burlington area/Winooski
    And even cheaper than $150k, and year round.. (definitely sounds too good to be true)

http://www.lakehomesusa.com/waterfro...ERENNH-4411900
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Milton is actually a fairly large town compared to surrounding communities, there's a real grocery store for example, multiple churches. I've haven't been there in a few years, but my brother still maintains a camp at the same place we used to rent (Camp Everest, off of Everest Road). I can't really speak to the community, as we were only one-week-visitors. Seemed to me like mostly working/lower middle class folks but that likely has changed with more folks moving out from Burlington for affordability. The Hero's, Grand Isle and Isle La Motte seemed to be more upscale, these looked like second homes as opposed to year round homes mostly. My brother has a house in Isle La Motte, and from what he says its a pretty tight small community. South Hero has a nice winery with free concerts during the summer months, along with one of the more interesting restaurants around (Blue Paddle Bistro).

Nostalgia pricing!

I could definitely make something out of these nice, basic houses. And with a lake view! If only they weren't 2000+ miles away...

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    At some point I'm going to go on a tour of those towns and islands north of Burlington. My realtor lives in South Hero (Bernie's new place is in North Hero). I want to know what types of communities they are. I don't mind if they're 20-30 minutes outside of Burlington, but I don't want to have to drive miles to see a store or friendly face.

herbgeek, what do you recall about Milton?

ETA, this one, in Colchester, which I know is directly north of the Burlington area/Winooski
    And even cheaper than $150k, and year round.. (definitely sounds too good to be true)

http://www.lakehomesusa.com/waterfro...ERENNH-4411900
    There is a farmhouse for 185 or so on 7 acres in South Hero; really pretty!!

I like the Colchester one--sweet and peaceful vibe.

I can't get over the prices!
    yea makes one thinks there are options for retirement other than homelessness
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information