Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: having a party finally

having a party finally

I am throwing my first party all by myself in 14yrs! I threw parties with ex-BF, did kid parties alone and do family functions but this is my first one for my work friends. The last one I did alone was in '02 when I bought my townhouse!

I dreaded de-cluttering the family areas but shockingly my dad helped. He got rid of a 4ft tall stack of magazines. He went around fixing little things and touched up the paint where the dogs had scratched. The kitchen, with only the bare minimum on the countertops, is now a thing of beauty. I am keeping the LR, DR and kitchen clutter-free if it kills me.

My mom is often up in the middle of the night and I woke up to find the kitchen cluttered with silk flower arrangements that are ancient, paper products so old they are yellowed and tons of candles. WTH? Turns out she got into the cabinet above the fridge to drag this stuff out. I have no idea how such a sick person pulls off these feats. I asked her nicely if I have to put the silk flowers and ancient orange candles out and she very nicely responded "no" and did not get upset.

My dad didn't want me walking around BJs and the grocery alone, so he helped me shop. It was a pleasure working with him this past week. They are both really happy I'm doing this, coming out of my comfort zone. I go to parties but it's way past my turn to host so this is a good thing.

I'm just doing chili, corn bread and a cheesecake, soda, beer and wine. But boy, that added up fast. I have been extremely good with my money lately so this is worth it. People are bringing dishes so that will help. I'm trying that Bota Box wine, I read a good review on it and it's inexpensive. Hope it's ok.

I can't wait for tomorrow!

Have fun! Glad to hear that you are doing this
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

It's great that everything is falling into place. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Have fun Freshstart!

That sounds like lots of fun. Enjoy!

Your parents are very deat; I'm so glad your father wrangled his depression and temper successfully.

The party will be a smashing success for sure.

thx.

my dad has been amazingly mellow since being hospitalized for heart failure. Maybe that scared him into looking at his behavior towards the people he loves.

Have a great time, freshstart!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It sounds great!

Wish we could join you
    Have a great time!

Thread Information