Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm debt free :)

Congratulations. Also, be sure to double check how much your pension will be. Sometimes it is not very much. You may want to keep putting money away...like a Roth IRA...

I'm maxing out my Roth.

Congratulations Tammy. That's fantastic news. You sound very prepared for your future.

It must feel like such a relief to be in the good position you are in now! Good for you!

We never carried credit card debt - until the "great recession" my income (commission based) dropped in half. Then some unexpected expenses - last minute flight when
    daughter had emergency surgery, computer died, wedding, major car repair, just when we were making serious progress - something else would happen. :-( It seemed like we went from never carrying any balance - we suddenly had thousands on that Costco American Express account.

We always could have taken the $$ out of savings, but it is so hard to get it back in, I just didn't want to go that route. Now we are ALMOST there - it will probably be in the
    spring, but we are not adding to the balance and making small gains each month. Winter time is a slow time at work and hence smaller pay checks, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It is our last debt, no mortgage, no car payments, etc. :-) I am really tempted to just transfer the $$ from savings, but the joy I don't think will be as sweet!
    Last edited by Greg44; 12-7-16 at 6:11pm.

Congratulations!!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    I am really tempted to just transfer the $$ from savings, but the joy I don't think will be as sweet!
    Might be sweeter when you compare the interest your receiving, verses the interest your paying. Then you still have that monthly bill, but more of it goes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Might be sweeter when you compare the interest your receiving, verses the interest your paying. Then you still have that monthly bill, but more of it goes to you.
    Maybe not as joyful, but the peace of mind is tremendous. I have done that, wiped out debt with savings. It sort of levels the playing field. I know everybody has a different take on this question.

congratulations, Tammy!

So Tammy, it's been a few months. How are you feeling? How has life changed for you?

inquiring minds want to know (and compare to my own nondebtedness life

Thread Information