Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We just bought a house!!

Unhappy We just bought a house!!

Two months to the day after selling our house, we finally found a house to buy in our desired location and our contract has been accepted. Great locations, very good price, house has lots of possibilities. Just one problem - it has a tenant in it for the next eight months This of course is a great complication as now we have to find a rent house and become landlords. I don't know why this has been so hard...but driving 800 miles tomorrow to do inspection next week, etc. Here we go....

Could you buy out the tenant's lease (maybe for less then you would have to rent for)?

Bravo! The tenant complication is a bummer, but if it is where you want and a good price...Seems well worth it. Good luck.

congratulations! I'm happy you found something you like. Maybe use the tenant money on something special for the house that you wouldn't ordinarily do.

Congratulations!!! Hope the tenant things isn't too much of a hassle.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

The adventure continues. We found a cute little house to rent near the house we bought so at least we can be proper landlords. Now we have to pack up our stuff, including cats and try to get back before winter sets in.

It makes no sense to me that you must abide by a contract signed by a previous owner. The house did not sign the contract the owners did and they will no longer own it.

I'm sure you have vetted this but it still makes no sense to me. I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    It makes no sense to me that you must abide by a contract signed by a previous owner. The house did not sign the contract the owners did and they will no longer own it.

I'm sure you have vetted this but it still makes no sense to me. I'm sorry
    In many states, that is the law, Gardnr, that the tenants have rights under the original lease, and that supersedes the sales contract.

Wishing you a cooperative tenant and many happy years in your new house!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    In many states, that is the law, Gardnr, that the tenants have rights under the original lease, and that supersedes the sales contract.
    That is so so wrong and sad.

Thread Information