Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATTN: Student Loan-drones

What? Crap, i’ve Been working for a 501c for 10 years - I coulda had a masters degree?

I'm tired of people complaining about loans that voluntarily took out. Suck it up. I paid over $100,000 of loans that my ex and current wife took out for school. I don't complain as they got a lot of knowledge from the process. I complain more about people who walked away from their homes and didn't suffer consequences of imputed income related tax bills

What? Crap, i’ve Been working for a 501c for 10 years - I coulda had a masters degree?
    wait I could have worked at the same place for 10 years?!?

(Ok maybe and maybe not, but I suspect that type of job security is more common in government work.)

10 years might seem like a sentence, but if one assumes they will be working anyway, job hopping is really no funner. It might seem like it is due to variety, but it's a roll of the dice, which sometimes end up losing more than is gained as there's a lot of bad out there, and the process itself sucks.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

I think wallowing in victim culture obscures the real issue: Canine Privilege.

Who sleeps and plays all day with no thought to the common people toiling to make their sumptuous lifestyle possible? We complain of the rich paying a mere 30-40% of their income for the common good, but what do dogs pay? Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

Who sleeps and plays all day with no thought to the common people toiling to make their sumptuous lifestyle possible? We complain of the rich paying a mere 30-40% of their income for the common good, but what do dogs pay? Nothing!
    Whose grain-free salmon food just went up to 4 dollars a pound, while their servant/master tries to limit their own food prices to 1 dollar per pound?

I think it's a bit species-ist to address this without also discussing the very real issue of Feline Privilege. At least dogs display some degree of gratitude.

Oh hell yes, I often remark that the “dumb” bulldogs are smart enough to engineer a life where they sleep on the counch all day, get regular meals and treat, all with no work required. Well, we do ask that our white bulldog make us laugh a couple of times a week, but that isnt real work,for him because that is just his nature.

I have told my spoiled pooches to get jobs yet they refuse. However, DH says they have a job making us laugh and showering us with love