Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overwhelmed with all the crap out there

Overwhelmed with all the crap out there

Going shopping can be pretty painful, when you see all the junk out there. Where does it go when no one wants it?
    This picture/ad was in the Sunday paper and it seemed to represent all that junk to me. So gross! Are there people who really want this in their homes??

that's craptastic to the extreme!

A very good book is "the Travels of a T-shirt in the Global Economy". Shows the whole economic cycle of a Tshirt from cotton to finished product and then the global system after an American discards it. Very readable.

That thing is hideous!

It reminds me of those fake stuffed fish that would move and sing that every store was selling as Christmas gift a few years ago.

Oh my, I am sure an avid collector of Chimp Knick Knacks would love it!....are there any of those out there???

I work with shopaholics. I thumb through an ad once in a while in the lounge and say "do people really use all this stuff?" I don't get it. Grocery store adds particularly....all the boxes and bottles and bags of "food"? The only time I leave the periphery of the store is the occasional need for mustard/mayo or cranberry juice (to dilute my vodka), coffee filters, vinegar for cleaning.......

My 1 pair of jeans are 2y old. they still cover my behind. 1 is enough I actually have 3pr capris-all 3y old. They got me through summer and will live at least another 2y.

Don't get me wrong, I am no minimalist. But yes, the CRAP?!!!!!

when it is done it will sit on the shelves of some thrift shop (you know it, if you've been to thrift stores you see all the junk), which isn't necessarily bad per se (even useful things get donated sometime) only it will be the thing that noone wants and everyone just looks at among piles of junk, looking for something better. Who knows though maybe someone buys it and relieves the thrift store of their burden, someone might need to do a white elephant gift exchange with joke gifts ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I thumb through an ad once in a while in the lounge and say "do people really use all this stuff?"
    Use? What would one USE this for? People evidently buy this stuff, but it has the same resale value as a pet rock and about the same function. (break a window, sit on a shelf as a dust collector, etc)

I wish someone would make a movie about what we're doing to the environment.......and the end scene would be someone drowning in crap........and this "Cowboy monkey" would float by the person's head that is sticking out of all the crap......and floating away.
    Then again......probably only people who already care about the environment would go to it........while everybody else is out buying this crap.

Yep......I'm very pessimistic....and sad.....

Actually......I think I'll write to the company who made that cowboy monkey figurine and tell them what I think about that and all the other junk they make. It won't change anything, but it will make me feel better.

Thread Information