Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online budgeting programs

I agree with TVRodriguez about mint. I haven't set up any budget categories, but once I had a year's worth of data in there it started getting useful in looking at how much money I spent for any given category. My assumption being that all of my expenses will even out over that amount of time. One's situation might be different if, for example, one was planning a "trip of a lifetime" or "house down payment" three years from now and wanted to budget for it that entire time.

Dar Frugalone, sorry for giving you an incorrect name for the web site for the program I have liked. It is "SimplePlanner.com". It provides Excel spreadsheets for several issues like income and expense budgets, retirement and mortgages. Bicyclist

Dear Frugalone, I need to correct the name of the web site again! It is "SimplePlanning.com". Bicyclist

Thank you very much!
    In the meantime, I'm using Mint to track things. It's a real eye-opener. Especially the unexpected expenses. Things I just never planned for. A good example: Our family doctor does not take debit cards, so I cannot use my FSA there. I did not budget for the copays I have to write a check for.

Quote Originally Posted by bicyclist View Post
    Dear Frugalone, I need to correct the name of the web site again! It is "SimplePlanning.com". Bicyclist

I see a lot of people like Mint, but I am having issues with it. I am trying to get back into it after what looks like 2 years off. I recall it wouldn't talk to one of my accounts and that was frustrating. It still has all my old bills but isn't taking changes well. And it still won't talk to that one account. So I am thinking about changing over to something else but overall I would prefer to get Mint working again. I am looking into support for the site,

Thread Information