Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A mini bucket list of things to do

Sleders in Traverse City, ctg!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I was going to ask about the Museum of the Dog. I have a brochure and I so wanted to go to that. Next visit to St. Louis, for sure. We did the wonderful city museum--door knobs were my favorite! Such a strange and eclectic collection. My friend was a great friend of Buzz and attended his funeral.

For the wreath base I used a wire circle thing I got at a garage sale. I did not use greens. I probably should have???? I used the wreath, floral wire, and ribbon. I will try to post a photo.
    well, the Museum of the Dog may be a disappointment. It is an art museum, exclusively. It is not a museum that shows history and geography and artifacts related to canines, although certainly some of that is covered in its art. I was a bit disappointed the first time I went, not sure what I expected. But now that I understand its limited focus, I love it.

City Museum is fabulous. i should put that on my to do list, adult drinks at City Museum one of these ucoming Friday nights. Bob Cassily lived in my neighbrhod for decades as a youjg sngle guy and then with wives 1 and 2. His scuptural work is all over our neghborhood. He was a mad genius who loved architecture. I wonder who your friend is, hmmm. His death has recently been investigated as a murder ( the current wife instigated this investigatin) but city officials cant find evidnce of that.

Related to this is something I've wanted to start for a while now: a bucket-list of cooking. I love trying new recipes and I've thought about starting a challenge to try and cook a typical dish from each country around the world. Some would be easier than others and I could check off some each week without much thought and some I could focus on during the weekend and holiday time. I might make another list

Oh Claire, I started this when I retired and it has been one big fat FAIL! I sincerely wanted to improve my nearly non existent Indian cooking skills but after many years and several cookng classes, not much is happeneing there. I did host a Indian food potluck for our world food group that had some spectacular dishes, mine was not amoung them! Haha. Sad but true.

Ive done better in the other challenges, the visiting museums and etc challanges.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh Claire, I started this when I retired and it has been one big fat FAIL! I sincerely wanted to improve my nearly non existent Indian cooking skills but after many years and several cookng classes, not much is happeneing there. I did host a Indian food potluck for our world food group that had some spectacular dishes, mine was not amoung them! Haha. Sad but true.

Ive done better in the other challenges, the visiting museums and etc challanges.
    I think I've realised I actually enjoy planning challenges more than I do carrying them out. When the olympics were in London 2012 I planned a whole challenge about how I would try every olympic sport before Brazil 2016. I went to great lengths finding local sports clubs, e-mailing them about the challenge, even getting some responses. How many sports did I actually try before Brazil? Zero, unless walking from the bus to work counts!

I have a list like that:
    Mt Auburn Cemetery
    Institute of Contemporary Art
    Tower Hill Botanical Garden
    Middlesex Fells Reservation
    Lyman Estates Greenhouses
    Addison Art Gallery
    Ward Reservation

When I lived in other states I had a list of things I wanted to do locally and many I never did. I have lived here for 20 years and have done all the local touristy stuff, go to all the festivals, etc. We are only about 4 hours from SF so we go off and on. I realized the last time that we were there that we had seen everything we want to and won't be going there again. My DH agreed.

Sleders in Traverse City, I just looked it up. How cool, yes that would be wonderful to visit if I ever get that far north in Wonderful Michigan again! Maybe on one of my trail rides I can do that.

For the very reason you mention, many years ago we started doing "brown sign" trips for our anniversary. You know, those natural wonder signs put out by the parks services. It's been a great thing to do. We've seen quite a lot of Idaho that way. There are many many little towns that are "famous" to locals. Certainly not places I would send a tourist, but for locals, it's fun to go to them. We celebrated our 25th in the panhandle of Idaho which is beautiful country.

I can't think of anything left that I want to see/do. I guess that's a good thing

Idaho is beautiful! WE went there last year. Mainly what i want to do is take more cruises and see more of Europe.

Thread Information