Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A mini bucket list of things to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Best hamburger I have ever had in my life.
    Wow! Glad it was worthy of your bucket list! What made it so good?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow! Glad it was worthy of your bucket list! What made it so good?
    I honestly don't know--maybe the flavor? But I rarely, rarely eat meat, and so maybe I'd forgotten how good a hamburger can be. My husband is allergic to beef so I never cook them anymore, and usually I order a salad, but this looked like a hamburger type place!

What fun! My bucket list of "visitations" is a mix of close and far-away places, places that are one-night stays, etc. So for this I've just pulled the "day trip" ones (but most will be more than just "a couple of hours" because we're not within an hours drive of much we've not already visited extensively):

Bicycle museum
    Airstream factory tour
    Kitchen-aid factory tour
    Auburn-Cord museum
    Springfield/Whittenberg art museum
    National Afro-American Museum and Cultural Center (I've been, but an exhibit I want to see opened in MAY, closes in three weeks and I've not made it yet, arggg!!)
    Mucha exhibit at Dayton Art Institute (we're members but I manage to miss a lot of exhibits I want to see)
    President Harding's home
    President McKinley's museum
    President Haye's home
    President Garfield's home
    First Ladies National Historic Site
    The John and Annie Glen museum

Some of these are stretching a day trip, but do-able. If only there were more Saturdays in a week!

Wow, I would do a meetup for the Airstream Factory Museum, but it would take me a day to get there--it would be so fun.
    I have driven by the Glenn family homestead , I think--I recall it being sort of near Lehman's, which I have been to several times (lucky me!)

On our list is "every NASCAR race once". It takes $. We plan and save and go with no credit card loans. We're going to #2 on Nov 10.

While we are at the location, we do the tourist thing adding 2d to see the area. Our first was Atlanta. We've seen everything within 2h of the city that we wanted to see. We're not done with Georgia-that will take another week, an airline ticket and a rental car. But we'll do it!

We have 2 firsts on our immediate post-retirement list. Drive Route 66 in it's entirety and 3weeks fall in New Hampshire/Vermont/Maine.

We've seen everything in our valley and much of our state between high school trips, our anniversary brown sign trips and our 25th anniversay trip to the far north of our state. (we started these brown sign trips nearly 20y ago and that was very worthwhile.)

I want to visit all our national parks. I've been to 7.....many left. But again, before we both retire, those will take airline tickets and rental cars.

It's just money and time right?

Wait--Airstream museum?

I must look upl this site. Could be fab!

Tybee, that WOULD be fun! I've only ever met one other forum member IRL, and that was Fawn, ages ago. One of the reasons I've not gone to the factory is that I'd have to take off off work, as would DD, and that's hard to justify sometimes. They have a virtual tour online, but I prefer the real thing

We love Lehman's. Or we did until it turned into an uber tourist attraction. Now we're more inclined to mail order.

Thread Information