Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Holiday Stresses 2016

I LOVE peppermint ice cream, especially the kind with both red and green...We have Hershey's ( at the ice cream shop) which is GREAT! Edy's not so tasty- it's white, not pink,,,just something off with that. Then there is Trickling Springs which is wonderful. Good luck finding some.

Don't you remember, when we were kids, our mothers would pour crème de menthe over vanilla ice cream (for themselves, not us!) You could try that.

Bob's Peppermints sold in various places (walmart is one) are much better than the Starlight hard peppermints. Bob's melts in the mouth and has a great flavor. I think they would be great crushed and topping ice cream with maybe some dark chocolate sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Don't you remember, when we were kids, our mothers would pour crème de menthe over vanilla ice cream (for themselves, not us!) You could try that.
    I do have Creme de Menthe sitting in the cupboard, and DH mentined usng that.But
    It isn't crunchy and red, that is what I expect from peppermint. But it might be ok.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-16-16 at 12:00pm.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I do have Creme de Menthe sitting in the cupboard, and DH mentined usng that.But
    It isn't crunchy and red, that is what I expect from peppermint. But it might be ok.
    Eat enough of it and you won't care...

I've thought about investing in an ice cream maker to make flavors I can't find (like lemon custard), with sweeteners that don't affect blood sugar, but my freezer is always too full. I must work on that.

Maybe you could mix the crème de menthe and the crushed candies.....

Mom also used to make these cocktail weiners in bourbon dish that actually did get me drunk once. I guess eat enough holiday food and you will have a new stressor, a drinking problem.

Today we got in the mail a " keepsake ornament 2015" by
    Hallmark that has nothing to do with us, no bulldog or iris or lilies or gardens or Victorian houses. It is generic and not interesting. It is from DH' s sister. so, my mind goes whirling, thinking " should I drive this to Goodwill?" And scanned my brain to think of other things I might wish to take, but I got nothin. So now I have a dilemma, tiny thing taking a car ride to Gw? Hardly worth it. Cant put it out on neighborhood list, too tacky and worthless.

Then DH came into the room and cheerily asked " will you wrap this up and give it to Laura for Christmas?" Because he knows this ornament is stupid, and is so not my thing.

But no. No no no. I do not re-gift pieces of chit, and to all people who feel compelled to send other people small tokens of their affection, just dont. Or at least do not send them to me.

The sister sent a package of pecans that I greatly appreciate, consumable and Southern, where she is from. I am sure this ornament was an afterthought, and possibly regifted.

I don't regift either. I would wait until I had a bag of stuff and then take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I don't regift either. I would wait until I had a bag of stuff and then take it.
    Well, I thought to get it on the shelves before xmas so that it woild have greater liklihood to go out before xmas.

This is taking entirely too much thought, normally I have little teouble chucking things into the garbage.

Thread Information