Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Third Debate

The Third Debate

I listened to the debate on NPR last night. It was really feisty and fun!

I think this contest is still up for grabs!

Any other thoughts?

Both candidates seemed to continue with the strategies they've been pursuing. Trump's bluster and threats vs. Clinton's painting Trump as an ogre. I did think the moderation was much better than in the past.

I don't see the contest as up for grabs though. It's hard to see a viable path to 270 electoral votes for Trump at this point.

I watched for a few minutes - it was like watching people chew the same food they had chewed on two other days. I had to turn it off.

I saw some 'highlights' this morning. I think Clinton will win the election very easily to be honest, I'm still fond of the theory that Trump was a Clinton plant all along to guarantee her victory.

I just hope for the whole world's sake that the 2020 candidates are in a different league to these two.

What about the silent majority rising up to vote for Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    What about the silent majority rising up to vote for Trump?
    They scare me. A lot of the rhetoric makes it sound like folks who want to dump the entire US into a car and take the "Thelma and Louise" option, because they feel they have nothing to lose.

The media I saw and read focused on Trump's comments on accepting the election results and implied he was attacking the very root of democracy. I don't doubt that the election probably is rigged, not through any deception at the polls, but through dark money that goes under the radar as well as the connections between big money and the political process. I do not like Trump at all, but could also see a point where the press gives him a bad rap. It's good selling news to bash Trump these days, though at least some of his audacious statements are planned for shock and attention. I think Trump again showed his lack of thinking skills by talking around his relationship with Putin. He could have turned this into a positive by explaining the importance of a good relationship with one of the world's super powers rather than an adversarial relationship that Hillary might have. Hillary made good talk that may or may not be empty promises. I am mystified at how he seems to have strong support from the working classes when he proposes big tax cuts for the wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    . He could have turned this into a positive by explaining the importance of a good relationship with one of the world's super powers rather than an adversarial relationship that Hillary might have.
    I wonder whether he takes any advice from speech-debate coaches or just blows them all off.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

[QUOTE=UltraliteAngler;255186]I listened to the debate on NPR last night. It was really feisty and fun!

You have a sick idea of fun!

I'm still fond of the theory that Trump was a Clinton plant all along to guarantee her victory.
    This has been my far-fetched idea all along - a huge, pre-orchestrated spectacle to hypnotize/distract the masses so the machine can carry on.

Thread Information