Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FREEDOM! Update 2 and counting years of FI!

Implants often require multiple return visits, so I wouldn't consider having them done far away. I have a lot of old crowns and a need for a couple new ones.

Packrational, any investment advice? I recently purchased a rental house (rents for $1850/month.) Real estate keeps going up here - more demand than supply. I'll either sell it some time in the future, or dh and I may downsize and move into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Implants often require multiple return visits, so I wouldn't consider having them done far away. I have a lot of old crowns and a need for a couple new ones.

Packrational, any investment advice? I recently purchased a rental house (rents for $1850/month.) Real estate keeps going up here - more demand than supply. I'll either sell it some time in the future, or dh and I may downsize and move into it.
    Well if you can stand the hassles of renting out places, this is a good time to do it; good investment if you are careful, and indeed rents are high and keep rising. I personally would never want to rent out, don't have the stomach for it. But that's just me; sounds like too much work ha ha!

I'm using a property management company. They take 8% of the rent and do all the work. The company I'm working with are very ethical and have good reviews from both tenants and landlords.

The only thing I'm doing myself is the landscaping (mowing the small yard once or twice a month, in season.) No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    I'm using a property management company. They take 8% of the rent and do all the work. The company I'm working with are very ethical and have good reviews from both tenants and landlords.

The only thing I'm doing myself is the landscaping (mowing the small yard once or twice a month, in season.) No biggie.
    Sounds good then!

Hi Packratona! Congratulations on your two year anniversary. I'm sorry that you need to get three crowns, but it sounds like you have it all organized and planned. Something that saved me a lot of money after getting my dental work done was the system that Dr. Ellie teaches. She has some Youtube videos. It's really helped me. I've been using her routine and rinse recommendations for the past fifteen years, and have only had one very small cavity, between my teeth. I used to have terrible teeth. I buy the zylotol in bulk at Sprouts.

Keep up the great work. I love hearing about people who are FI. It's inspiring...

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    Hi Packratona! Congratulations on your two year anniversary. I'm sorry that you need to get three crowns, but it sounds like you have it all organized and planned. Something that saved me a lot of money after getting my dental work done was the system that Dr. Ellie teaches. She has some Youtube videos. It's really helped me. I've been using her routine and rinse recommendations for the past fifteen years, and have only had one very small cavity, between my teeth. I used to have terrible teeth. I buy the zylotol in bulk at Sprouts.

Keep up the great work. I love hearing about people who are FI. It's inspiring...
    I second the Dr. Ellie system. Super easy, inexpensive and your teeth will look and feel great! I actually reversed a cavity.

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    I second the Dr. Ellie system. Super easy, inexpensive and your teeth will look and feel great! I actually reversed a cavity.
    Hmm sounds really interesting! Will check into it when I get back, leaving tomorrow!
    Update: I just remembered I have a wonderful cousin who stays on the coast, Playa del Carmen for a few months each year so going to go see her for a couple days before I leave! A longer bus ride with the detour but who can turn down a couple days on a beach with soft white sand! She's a great cook but actually I am hoping she takes us out for the "cocoanut chicken" she said she had the other night. So anyway I put my snorkle gear back in the suitcase...ferry out to Cozumel from her place....

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post

Thank you so much awakenedsoul! FI is really really great! Opens up your world! So I am on my way tomorrow to start learning to speak Maya...on location...

Sounds wonderful, Packratona! I can hear the happiness in your "voice". Have a great time. So glad that Dr. Ellie's system is still working for you, pony mom. I hope your shoulder is better, too.

I buy the zylotol in bulk at Sprouts. The whole chemistry aspect of how cavities develop amazes me. I was talking to my dentist about it. He knew me when my teeth were a disaster, and he fixed everything. He said that the French don't get cavities, because they end their meals with wine and cheese. Dr. Ellie says to eat cheese or nuts after a meal to make the mouth alkaline. Mine was always acidic when I was younger.

Thread Information