Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Secret (and other books)

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    "As a scientist, I have seen the mind bypass biology in miraculous ways..."

Bill Moyes' book addresses that phenomenon, as do Bernie Siegel's. In neither, do I get the nose to the grindstone, self-punitive vibe this reviewer is espousing.
    o
    I'm confused. Does The Secret excerpt Bill Moyes and Bernie Siegel? The reviewer mentioned by rosa doesnt seem self punishing to me. She seems to be agreeing that mind over what-we-currently-understand-as-physics is achievable, just not with any "secrets" from The Secret.

I am just deeply skeptical about book titles like Its a Secret! and What They Dont Want You to Know! and the like, they turn me off. It is a kind of tone and style that bugs me, like Robert K whats his name, the rich daddy/poor daddy book, he has this galloping breathless "come along with me hurry hurry and I will reveal to you life changing magic!" style that instantly causes me to pause and say "whoa, slow down asshat, now...what?"

The reading experience feels like a sales job.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    o
    I'm confused. Does The Secret excerpt Bill Moyes and Bernie Siegel? The reviewer mentioned by rosa doesnt seem self punishing to me. She seems to be agreeing that mind over what-we-currently-understand-as-physics is achievable, just not with any "secrets" from The Secret.

I am just deeply skeptical about book titles like Its a Secret! and What They Dont Want You to Know! and the like, they turn me off. It is a kind of tone and style that bugs me, like Robert K whats his name, the rich daddy/poor daddy book, he has this galloping breathless "come along with me hurry hurry and I will reveal to you life changing magic!" style that instantly causes me to pause and say "whoa, slow down asshat, now...what?"

The reading experience feels like a sales job.
    I doubt the author excerpts either author. I haven't read The Secret, so I don't know.

Thread Information