Thread: Intro

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Intro

Hello,
    I've been on and off these forums for several years, mostly as a lurker with an occasional post. I recently revisited only to find the forum moved ... glad it found a new home and to see this vibrant community continuing!

What prompted my return? As of June 30 I am leaving my job of 8.5 years to start my own business as a Professional Organizer. I am so excited to be doing something I truly love but am also nervous about the drop in income. DH and I are working to reduce our monthly expenses and build up our reserves so I'm turning to this group for some inspiration!

When not decluttering and organizing, I enjoy spending time with DH and our DD (age 7). I try to spend as much time outdoors as I can and greatly enjoy gardening, camping and hiking. When indoors, I can usually be found cooking or watching my fav sports teams.

Cheers,
    Teri

Mrs-M
    Welcome back Tgardella. Hope to see you get involved with the forum.

Exciting! I will really look forward to tracking your progress with your new business. Glad to have you here.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Good luck, tgardella. I've sometimes thought that if I wasn't in the job I have now, I'd think about being a Professional Organizer. When I watch them on TV they seem like miracle workers, plus it must give a lot of satisfaction in seeing tangible immediate improvement to someone's surroundings.

Keep posting so we know how it's going!

Quote Originally Posted by tgardella View Post
    Hello,
    I've been on and off these forums for several years, mostly as a lurker with an occasional post. I recently revisited only to find the forum moved ... glad it found a new home and to see this vibrant community continuing!

What prompted my return? As of June 30 I am leaving my job of 8.5 years to start my own business as a Professional Organizer. I am so excited to be doing something I truly love but am also nervous about the drop in income. DH and I are working to reduce our monthly expenses and build up our reserves so I'm turning to this group for some inspiration!

When not decluttering and organizing, I enjoy spending time with DH and our DD (age 7). I try to spend as much time outdoors as I can and greatly enjoy gardening, camping and hiking. When indoors, I can usually be found cooking or watching my fav sports teams.

Cheers,
    Teri
    Someone I know on another site was a pro organizer for a while and she said that the very disorganization that makes people need you also makes them not pay you. She learned to require payments as she went along instead of billing afterwards.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@Lainey - being able to see tangible results in my work, along with helping people, is why I've chosen Professional Organizing as a career!

@reader99 - requiring payment at the time of service is exactly what I intend to do for the very reason you say. Plus the last thing I want to do is add to their clutter by handing them an invoice!

Teri

Thread Information