Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #NoDAPL

One thing I find troubling (beyond the actual situation, which is very troubling), has been the threats of incarceration of people for merely reporting on the event. Amy Goodman for one, but charges have largely been dropped - there's another journalist they are threatening with a 40 year sentence. It seems the state is using outright intimidation to keep reporters away. And I think it's largely working - no where near the amount of reporting that happened when that wildlife refuge was forcibly occupied, and I'd say this is a much bigger story.

Did anyone else see the report that explained that initially the pipeline was supposed to be in Bismarck, but that is a white majority area and they complained loudly and that's when the proposed pipeline was moved south to the Native American area. I think that piece of it has not been emphasized enough in the news. NIMBY is the root cause.

Lainey I was aware of that, so it isn't that this this the only option or that they can't change. The powers that be would rather break more treaties than upset a white community. That means many people understand it is not safe!

Thread Information