Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradenton, FL insights

OMG, Snooty is still there??? I was going to mention him, but figured he was long gone. If you can, drive out to the end of Cortez Rd. to Anna Maria Island. My old favorite place. Nice beach.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    OMG, Snooty is still there??? I was going to mention him, but figured he was long gone. If you can, drive out to the end of Cortez Rd. to Anna Maria Island. My old favorite place. Nice beach.
    Yeah, they dont know how long he will live, he IS old.

I stayed on Cortez Rad where the traffic was awful! I think I saw s sign for Anna Maria Island.

Anyway, I am back in Tampa at the airport, flying home soon.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-4-16 at 6:45pm.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So, inland isnt so bad, the traffic I mean? If we go somewhere for the winter, I dont care if it is on the ocean.

I dont like desert so thats why the SE is more attractive.
    i
    traffic is much more bearable here, but still crowded in the winter. You have seasonal residents, people have company and all the hotels are full. Most people I know have to be very careful or you'll end up with months of company as everyone escapes the cold.
    Ringling museum is very nice. I believe that is where the Dali museum is too?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    You probably saw some houses that are still recovering from the 2008 mortgage crisis. Some areas were very hard hit. Abandoned or neglected houses do poorly here. Things grow about four times as much per year and you will have a bug problem in a non occupied house if not maintained.

The he good news is I still have a garden full of flowers and have had four varieties of butterflies today. Plus all the northern birds have migrated down. I always have something blooming. You need to replace your northern favorites with southern varieties.

The Dali museum is in St. Petersburg and really worth the trip if you ever visit the area again.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information