Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 a day for November...

Today I went through four binders of papers and a big stack of them, and I shredded some and am taking the rest to work to recycle.

Giving away more books!

Some of them are arts & crafts books, which makes me feel a little sad. I just wasn't using them, or doing the crafts anymore. It's so odd, how one can change. When I bought these, I thought I couldn't live without them.

...and...More books!

I am surprising myself. I always thought I could NEVER get rid of my books. But I am asking myself, "Will I ever read this again?" and "does it have sentimental value" and "can I find it easily in a library?" with each one.

Nov. 17th Sorry I am falling a little....lol....behind on this and it doesn't help that our Goodwill Store had a 50%off sale yesterday
    not sure if I am not fighting a losing battle here...lol....but I am going to say good stuff in and not useful stuff out.
    --1 Truck floor mat (we have not owned a truck in 30 years...lol)
    --wood from Dd broken bed that I used to make a flower bed 2 years ago---fun while it lasted--press board does not last long outside
    --3 packages of samples that looked too old to use
    --1 more vase
    --1 broken flower pot
    --1 bowl that I was using outside and shouldn't have been I messed it up
    --1 very large bag of shredding...using as mulch
    That is all for now...46 todate Not as far behind as I thought....

Nov. 16--dropped off more books at the library.
    Nov. 17--1 broken nightlight, 1 string of faux pearls that lost their lustre, a pair of shoes with broken soles, 2 plastic containers, 4 foil pie pans (I don't even recall where they came from or why we were keeping them). It was hard to toss the shoes as they were still somewhat comfortable. But they had huge wide cracks in the soles.

They don't make 'em like they used to!!

At one point in time we gave away 40 boxes of books. I think sometimes that books can be the hardest to let go.

Yes, it is hard. But I'm beginning to realize 1) I'll never read some of these again; 2) I have no clue why I bought them in the first place (because they were there, perhaps?); 3) Someone gave them to me and I thought I'd get around to them someday; and 4) Some of these are about hobbies I no longer have an interest in.

I just LOVE owning books. I'm just not sure I want to haul them to a new house, dust them, etc. Support your local library!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    At one point in time we gave away 40 boxes of books. I think sometimes that books can be the hardest to let go.

It's garbage night. I just shredded and tossed a bunch of papers, put some clothes and misc. items in a box for the charity store, put some old tote bags and purses together, and added to it a lovely handmade doll a friend gave me when I graduated from college in 2001. It's such a lovely doll; I'm sure some little girl will love it!

Only bad part: I began to cry while going through desk drawers. I have a file folder with keepsakes from when I worked at a newspaper. It was the best job I ever had. I saved the cards my coworkers gave me when I graduated, some articles, a few funny things I had on my bulletin board. Time to call it a night, I think.

A coat I never liked, a bag I'm no longer using, an envelope maker (craft item) that never lived up to its potential, some magazines, two necklaces I never wear. All are going to the charity store.

Cleared off a three-shelf bookshelf and took a lot of paper to work to recycle. Tossed a couple of notebooks. Put more books in the donate pile.

On to to the larger bookshelf, where I took about 3/4 of the cookbooks on there and put them in the donate box. I'm hoping the public library can add them to their collection; they are brand new, never used.

Thread Information