Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5 a day for November...

Brought some books to work today. At least one was taken by a coworker; the others are under consideration. If she doesn't want them I will donate them.
    Also tossed a book in the trash. I used to use pages from old books in my collages but I haven't been doing that sort of work. There is also never a shortage of old books around.

More books...are you seeing a trend here?

Also tossed a piece of junk mail I found taped to the wall in my kitchen. It was from 2008 and was addressed to a deceased neighbor. Spouse must have found it amusing or something. All the neighbor had to do was send in $19.95 and she'd be able to claim the MILLIONS she'd won...

I loaded up the back of the car today with two boxes of clothes and books, a couple of tote bags containing jewelry I didn't want, the doll I mentioned, some old shoes. Drove down to Sally's and back. Took me 20 minutes. Back to clearing the bookshelves, I guess.

frugalone....you are doing wonderful!

As of Nov. 25th
    --20 Misc. items in the garage into the charity box and put out with lots more that had accumulated
    and picked up and gone! Amazing how you even forget what was in there.
    --2 more pair of holey socks to the rag bin
    --1 Journal to the recycling
    --3 sweaters cut up to use (and I am doing them...lol) in repurposing projects.
    that is all for now total to date 72

Thank you, danna.

Today I threw out a bunch of old term papers from when I was in college, plus early drafts of short stories (why did I keep all my drafts?). I also donated several books to the library that relate to local history. Tossed some broken jewelry into the trash, too.

Recycled four pieces of plastic dishes/lids from Chinese restaurant food, tossed a pair of hole-y undies, and brought five books to the library to donate.

Well, I made it to the last day of November, and I think I'm going to keep doing this for December.

Today's donations: five books (big surprise there!) and a fancy umbrella I gave to a coworker.

Up to Nov 30...hard to believe it is Dec tomorrow
    --4 pajama tops..rag bag...buttons cut off to save
    --1 sweater garbage
    --1 Men's jean shirt...My husbands I have been wearing it around the house for everyday wear for (not every day lol)
    for the last 5 years.....It is time to let go.
    --2 Fit Bits I wasn't using ...sold
    --1 small wooden bench given to a friend to paint for her granddaughter....so nice when something finds a good home
    --1 hanger to garbage
    There might have been more but, that is all I remember
    Total for the month of November 82...not 150 but, still good house is looking better all the time

Thread Information