Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Landlord/tenant laws

Install some cameras; can't hurt. Then if he comes on your property, destroys anything, etc. you have proof.

If we decide to keep living there, we will probably do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Install some cameras; can't hurt. Then if he comes on your property, destroys anything, etc. you have proof.

Law Enforcement Officer is correct. (I know many/have several friends, but not all are local PD type) Besides the camera's, you should also post a no trespassing sign.
    We don't have any homeowners association, heck I don't think anyone in my neighborhood would want one.

You know what is funny? My spouse put one in his cart at Home Despot. Then he put it back on the shelf, thinking, "I'm not going to stoop to this guy's level." But they've got people parking in our driveway every freaking day, taking advantage. So the sign's a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Law Enforcement Officer is correct. (I know many/have several friends, but not all are local PD type) Besides the camera's, you should also post a no trespassing sign.
    We don't have any homeowners association, heck I don't think anyone in my neighborhood would want one.

Maybe "Private Parking" would be an alternative to "Get Off My Lawn."

That's a thought.
    We haven't parked on our property in years because of this guy. You never know what's going to set him off. When we did park there, he would deliberately park his vehicles in such a manner that it would prevent us from accessing our spot. We had the police involved, the landlords involved, etc. He'd apologize and then start doing it again in a couple of weeks. :rolls eyes:

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Maybe "Private Parking" would be an alternative to "Get Off My Lawn."

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    You know what is funny? My spouse put one in his cart at Home Despot. Then he put it back on the shelf, thinking, "I'm not going to stoop to this guy's level." But they've got people parking in our driveway every freaking day, taking advantage. So the sign's a good idea too.
    Protecting your rights, is not stooping. It clearly makes it a chargeable offense. (verses the possibility of a warning from different cops each time)

You're right. We've been way too nice, thinking if we just stayed out of the jerk's way, he'd leave us alone. And we have gotten various messages from different cops, some of which were contradictory.

No more Mr. Nice Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Protecting your rights, is not stooping. It clearly makes it a chargeable offense. (verses the possibility of a warning from different cops each time)

Thread Information