Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: please take care

please take care

I am in shock, and my concern is for all my friends who feel a level of fear and uncertainty right now. Please be there for each other if this affects you deeply, there are people in our LGBQT community, people of color, women, who may be feeling a large level of distress right now. Knowing the kids that I work with at the youth drop in center I am concerned about the suicide rate increasing.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline:
    1-800-273-8255

Colorado Crisis Line:
    844-493-8255

Trans Lifeline:
    877-565-8860

NAMI crisis text line:
    Text NAMI to 741-741

Thanks for sharing. The world could be in a dangerous place for the upcoming months/years. Let's hope for the best and give the haters the benefit of the doubt that they won't act out with the soon to be Chief Racist and his VP Bigot

Between the election and a situation in my personal life, believe me, suicide has crossed my mind. But I won't do it. Thanks for the support.

I responded to a suicide a few weeks ago.

I wish the person had talked to someone.

They left a partner, several children, and an extended family all grieving.

And they killed themselves in a way that while they must have thought was simple and considerate, in fact required half a dozen of us spending most of the day collecting the rather messy evidence, and then moving the body a considerable distance with technical rescue gear. And then having a couple of after-the-event discussion sessions to calm our nerves.

I'm sure in their state of mind they weren't thinking about other people, but suicide has a huge cost on a community.

My BIL killed himself while living with my stepson who was only about 22 at the time. It was horrible. He didn't realize he was dead so pulled him off bed and tried to do CPR. People just don't realize the pain that their loved ones suffer.

Thanks ZoeGirl, I posted it on my Facebook. It's a grieving time. We were at a funeral today and I feel the grief was as much for our country as for the woman who died. I keep thinking of when JFK, Bobby Kennedy, MLK, Malcom X, the Freedom Riders, the Kent State protesters were murdered. I feel the same...and it is 50 years or more later! When will we ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    People just don't realize the pain that their loved ones suffer.
    This sentiment goes both directions.

Thank you for reading and sharing. My young trans friend posted this, I think that if you have trans people in your life they will need special care right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I am in shock, and my concern is for all my friends who feel a level of fear and uncertainty right now. Please be there for each other if this affects you deeply, there are people in our LGBQT community, people of color, women, who may be feeling a large level of distress right now. Knowing the kids that I work with at the youth drop in center I am concerned about the suicide rate increasing.
    Whenever someone feels hopeless, encourage Him with the Word of God. That's the best thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by messengerhot View Post
    Whenever someone feels hopeless, encourage Him with the Word of God. That's the best thing to do
    Which god? Which words?

Thread Information