Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Trump voters

Do you know how hard it is to be a Christian and a Republican....who voted for Hillary? Keeping very quiet over here in my little corner of the bible belt of America.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I'm not here to argue. You will not change my mind and I will not change yours. I truly want to understand your point of view.
    I'm not a Trump voter (I didn't vote for either Democrat candidate), but your questions are loaded and not likely to produce honest and open discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I'm not a Trump voter (I didn't vote for either Democrat candidate), but your questions are loaded and not likely to produce honest and open discourse.
    Why not? (as to the last part of your statement). Alan and catherine gave some good answers. It's nice to hear specifics. I know Trump said a lot of things that he would do, but some were outrageous, so it would be nice to hear exactly what Trump-voters zeroed in on that they thought was important and believable.

In my case it was simple. I didn't consider either of the major party candidates to be fit for the office. And I was willing to stomach Bob Dole.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to be a Christian and a Republican....who voted for Hillary? Keeping very quiet over here in my little corner of the bible belt of America.
    same here, only upper Midwest! I try to keep a very very low profile. I have had people quite inviting me to things when they found out second hand no less that I am not a fox "news" follower.

I did not vote for Clinton or Trump, as I did not think either fit for the office.

I imagine that many people voting for Trump did what Bernie supporters were urged to do, "hold your nose and vote for the party nominee."

I didn't vote....for the obvious reason I'm not American. However, I asked my partner's Mom the questions, she's a Trump supporter in the rural South.

1. Were you pro-Trump or anti-Hillary?
    She was both, definite anti-Hillary but she also does think Trump will do some good things for their part of the country which has felt neglected under the Obama administration.

2. How do you feel about the fact that Trump, a billionaire, did not pay federal income tax for years while you did?
    He hasn't done anything illegal and most people would stick to the rules to pay less tax if they could.

3. How did you feel about Trump mocking the disabled reporter?
    Shocking, she does hope he learns to change some of his behaviors and learns to behave!

4. How do you feel about the fact that white supremacist groups are attracted to him? Does it bother you?
    Yes, racism bothers her.

I voted Jill Stein and for all the other Greens running.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    I voted Jill Stein and for all the other Greens running.
    It'd sure be nice if we had a real Green party.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I did not vote for Clinton or Trump, as I did not think either fit for the office.

I imagine that many people voting for Trump did what Bernie supporters were urged to do, "hold your nose and vote for the party nominee."
    I voted for Clinton holding my nose - 4 more years of the same sounded better than what's coming.

It hasn't been a week yet and Trump is already walking back what he campaigned on. I wonder how people will feel when they find out a lot of it really was just "effective campaign devices".

Thread Information