Thread: Ask a Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer

Are there any discussion forums managed by lawyers or law students on-line? I am having an awkward buying situation with a small business owner and don't know how to proceed. I don't want to go into it here, but would appreciate a legal answer or direction. I cannot figure out what to do. I think we both blundered a sale. I just wanted some privacy on this dilemma. The sale is under $200. Or, if someone wants to PM with experience in this area, please do.
    Here is a link to my blog page http://francesannwy.wordpress.com/

Lawyers both want to bill for their time, and are required to have insurance (errors and omissions insurance), for the state(s) they are licensed in. Your not apt to find such a forum, as if it did exist, they would be flooded with questions.
    Best bet is to check your local tv stations, as one or two of mine have had "lawyer" days were they hire some lawyers and get people to call in, basically looking for stories.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Lawyers both want to bill for their time, and are required to have insurance (errors and omissions insurance), for the state(s) they are licensed in. Your not apt to find such a forum, as if it did exist, they would be flooded with questions.
    Best bet is to check your local tv stations, as one or two of mine have had "lawyer" days were they hire some lawyers and get people to call in, basically looking for stories.

One of our radio stations has that, one day a week on a specific show, the lawyer is in.

OP, in your situation state law would be paramount, so you need to get legal advice that works for your state.

Thanks, I might just call Better Business Bureau, I don't want to file a complaint, but need an objective, business response to my problem. Thanks for the replies
    Here is a link to my blog page http://francesannwy.wordpress.com/

Cypress, you might want to get in touch with SCORE (ours meets at our local library) as they have resources to help with questions like this.

Do you have an employee assistance program that you can use for a free consultation with an attorney?

Thread Information