Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump A ‘Backlash,’ Dems ‘A Boutique Party of Fake Outrage and Social Engineering'

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Not all student loans and loan holders, only the ones I have to subsidize for people who earn more than me and jet around the world.

But don't worry, they say they enjoy being spend shamed, and are impervious to criticism since they also state they are superior to other people.
    You obviously are jealous. You did not do “due diligence” and now are paying the price.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Are you also outraged about the bank bailouts, the fact that powerful congressmen are able to steer pointless military spending to their districts, farm subsidies, and all the other money that gets steered to one group or another? Or the mortgage interest deduction that mainly benefits upper middle class and wealthier people? Or public schools for that matter. I don't have kids and never will, but I still pay a boatload of taxes towards that giveaway.
    Yes. But those congresspeople aren't here, and if they were wouldn't be stupid enough to sneer that they are superior to other people, including those supporting them financially.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You obviously are jealous. You did not do “due diligence” and now are paying the price.
    ??

Are you saying I should earn even less, putting myself under the no tax threshhold, to avoid paying the price of subsidizing others?

...no tax threshhold...
    What is this?!

Yppej
    It is $10,400.00 in 2018 for a single filer.

??

Are you saying I should earn even less, putting myself under the no tax threshhold, to avoid paying the price of subsidizing others?
    No. You indicated that you have college degrees but have low wages. You did not maximize your education or get into a field that pays well. Did you go into the field you studied?

Yppej
    No, I am now in a more in demand field than the one I studied originally. So I have shifted to meet the market. My wages are above the national average of $29,999, but below what UL makes. His income as a single is almost what an average multi-earner household income is.

Yes. But those congresspeople aren't here, and if they were wouldn't be stupid enough to sneer that they are superior to other people, including those supporting them financially.
    So its the snearing. Well, I think UL can take that dislike in stride, he does like to provoke.

I thought maybe it was more his complainy-pants whining about being an indentured wage slave that set younoff. There is whining around here from several quarters about the good deal the good old U.S of A. provides to them. It gets tiresome.

I will never forget one poster here, someone who hasnt posted in years and
    I cant even remember her name exactly, posted about how food stamps and whatever-welfare program it was helped her when she really needed it, and she was grateful. It was a lovely and sincere thanks to the citizens of America.

I remember her post because it is so unusual. It is far more common to complain about the handouts and hands up people get. That is just our human nature, I guess.

Yppej
    I am happy to help people less fortunate than me, but I do resent helping those who are more fortunate than me, yet look down on other people.

Pat Buchanan had a great line when the limousine liberals protested against him in 1996, "We have here the revolt of the overprivileged."

The Democrats absolutely lost to Trump because they lost the lower middle class. To recapture power they need to become the party of workers not whiners who collect above average salaries while sitting around watching sports games on the job etc.

No, I am now in a more in demand field than the one I studied originally. So I have shifted to meet the market. My wages are above the national average of $29,999, but below what UL makes. His income as a single is almost what an average multi-earner household income is.
    In checking, the median household national average is $59,055 for 2018. Here is a breakdown ... interesting. Are you in a position that requires advanced education?

https://smartasset.com/retirement/th...ducation-level

Thread Information