Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What are you watching Streaming?

Of all the new mini series available on Netflix I've not seen anything worth a strong rave recently, but the most recent season of "Bloodlines" was quite a bit above average, I thought. Like a lot of the series type productions it seems like it takes a season or two for the actors to find their calling and the story writers to fully develop (and that doesn't always happen), but I was impressed with this one. A little on the dark side of a grossly dysfunctional family, but the story line was not your typical predicable Hollywood, the acting was very good with real-like characters, and the scenery and photography were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Of all the new mini series available on Netflix I've not seen anything worth a strong rave recently, but the most recent season of "Bloodlines" was quite a bit above average, I thought. Like a lot of the series type productions it seems like it takes a season or two for the actors to find their calling and the story writers to fully develop (and that doesn't always happen), but I was impressed with this one. A little on the dark side of a grossly dysfunctional family, but the story line was not your typical predicable Hollywood, the acting was very good with real-like characters, and the scenery and photography were good.
    That family sure does know how to sock away the alcohol. We are watching season 3 of Bloodlines, along with The Keepers. Just finished the new Grace and Feankie.

I loved the first season of Bloodlines. Season 3 is a mess. We actually yelled at the TV after the finale. We are now watching The Keepers and can't wait for House of Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That family sure does know how to sock away the alcohol. We are watching season 3 of Bloodlines, along with The Keepers. Just finished the new Grace and Feankie.
    I was actually wondering if there were regions or larger social circles in real life where people drink that much! I suppose so, but they do put it down. I had not heard of Keepers and will give it a try. When I'm tired and drifting to brain inactivity I actually enjoy a little Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It is totally silly, but at least light hearted without the vulgarity and off-color of a lot of current comedy.

Not sure why, but we watched that Hugh Hefner bio series. It brought to mind the decades I grew up in and made me realize how much things have changed for (some) women since. I didn't realize how avant garde the articles and interviews were considered at the time. The centerfolds were the least of it at one point.

I like Bloodline and am looking forward to the new season.

I like Good Girls Revolt on Amazon, seems like a pretty fair representation of what it was like for women not that long ago

Currently watching The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu), I read the book a very long time ago and can only remember that I loved it. The show is decent.

I also binge watch Veep on HBO Go

Currently binge-watching Longmire on Netflix. Great acting. Great plots. Great scenery.

I have taken a few afternoons refuge from the heat and watched GLOW. It's a little on the silly side, but one of the more refreshing shows I've seen in awhile. If you haven't heard about it, it is a comedy parody of the 1980's gorgeous ladies of wresting fad.

Finished The Keepers and just can't get it out of my head. We just started Better Call Saul which cracks me up.

We finished watching Shots Fired on Fox on demand. A black cop shoots and kills a white kid in a small town. The ramifications and interpersonal relationships made it very interesting. I thought is was very discouraging and sad, but enjoyed the ideas it made me have.

Thread Information