Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching Streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    There is....and that's great, but I think it's nice to have a thread that is for available streaming. A lot of people, myself included rarely watch DVD's anymore. So it matters, because what's on DVD may not be offered on Streaming.

I myself thought American Crime was great. It was thinker show.
    Now that is interesting, and maybe I didnt go far enough into it to get to the analytical part, or maybe
    I was just innundated with murder shows and couldnt see a distinction.

I finished watching the first season of "Stranger Things" on Netflix - kind of a ET meets the X-Files meets Aliens. It was much better than I expected.

I love "Wallander," starring Kenneth Brannagh (Tom Hiddleston has a minor role, long before dating Taylor Swift). He plays a messed-up Swedish detective in a gloomy little town. It's shot in Sweden but nearly all the cast is British, which is a bit odd. Still, it's beautifully acted, the stories are great and deal with contemporary problems, and the landscape and architecture are characters unto themselves. Available on Netflix to stream.

I'm watching Goliath (Billy Bob Thornton is fantastic) and the Kettering Incident on Amazon Prime. Both are holding my interest although Goliath is a little slow. Goliath has a great theme song.

oops didn't see IL's post

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I'm watching Goliath (Billy Bob Thornton is fantastic) and the Kettering Incident on Amazon Prime. Both are holding my interest although Goliath is a little slow. Goliath has a great theme song.

oops didn't see IL's post
    yeah, I wont be watching Billy Bob in Season 2 of Goliath. It just wasnt that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    I love "Wallander," starring Kenneth Brannagh (Tom Hiddleston has a minor role, long before dating Taylor Swift). He plays a messed-up Swedish detective in a gloomy little town. It's shot in Sweden but nearly all the cast is British, which is a bit odd. Still, it's beautifully acted, the stories are great and deal with contemporary problems, and the landscape and architecture are characters unto themselves. Available on Netflix to stream.
    I have seen acouple of the Wallender series and I was so discombobulated, it looked loke Scandnavian architecture but Brannagh is British, I was confused! And not, ultimately, enough interested in Yet Another Police Procedural to watch the series. But I give them gold stars for trying the different setting.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    yeah, I wont be watching Billy Bob in Season 2 of Goliath. It just wasnt that good.
    I'll watch him in pretty much anything, love him. Although, it depends on how season one ends whether I'll watch 2. Maybe if he's on a totally better, more interesting case. They have Billy Bob and William Hurt and Maria Bello and at times I am bored. How the heck they could mess that up with that cast is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    I'll watch him in pretty much anything, love him. Although, it depends on how season one ends whether I'll watch 2. Maybe if he's on a totally better, more interesting case. They have Billy Bob and William Hurt and Maria Bello and at times I am bored. How the heck they could mess that up with that cast is beyond me.
    I know, my thoughts exactly! And that chick playing Patty Multiple-sylabble is funny. And the gorgeous Molly Parker, I love her SO MUCH and she is barely credible.

The writing of this show is mediocre. Hang the writers!

I did really like the British version of Wallander. There is the Swedish version which purists say is truer to the books.

Another Scandanavian police film noir: River http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4258440/

Thread Information