Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very stressed out

The legal stuff sucks and tears you up inside. I had been dismissed from court ordered mediation and could do nothing until trial, and found out six months later that the first round of mediation failed, and they went a second round and settled, and the other attorneys were told to notify mine. (which they didn't) I packed up a suitcase and put it in my car before heading to court that day, because I had no idea how things were going to work, or how judgements worked, etc. as I expected to end up homeless. If it were a criminal proceeding, then you could look up what was going on, on Casenet or some such thing. As is, you will probably have to call your lawyer and ask his secretary what the status is.

I've had a lot more stressful life then you. College time involved a full time job, going to school full time, and hospice. Other times dealt with other things. You may not know everything going on with them, and not everyone is built the same. I have a relative that at that age, was in Vietnam, and suffers PTSD. Yet the time I remember seeing fear on his face, dealt with another relative that I was told to fear by some, and other family members compare me to. (he said he would rather go back to that time then deal with him)

The emails need to be setup with a rule to forward them to your spouse. If your not allowed to send a Youtube link on how to install a printer on a new computer, then you don't even need to see them. Let the phone calls go to voicemail. This should also be the case since Thanksgiving is getting close. Just tell whoever try's to get in touch, this late, that plans were made since you hadn't heard anything.

As for the fear, which I don't get as in all these other things: This too shall pass. You may not find any answers since your not seeking them, but venting, just realize your not alone.

Sure, would love to see your menu! You can PM me if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Hey I made vegetarian thanksgivings for year, I have a wonderful menu if you want to cook at home and have a delicious meal. I wouldn't got to visit family this year, I currently am not wanting to be around anyone who thinks things are going to be fine. My heart is not in it.

I'm so sorry to hear about your lawsuit. That really sucks. I hope things go in your favor as well.

I've really got to check out "The Crown" as I am a huge Anglophile. I just got a DVD set of "Inspector Morse" from the library yesterday. Yay!

My mom's got a Chromebook. We figured, the less complicated, the better. But there's always something. Now it's "I can't use Caps Lock." We explained twice how to do it (there is no Caps Lock key on a Chromebook) but she keeps insisting it doesn't work. Then there's her Yahoo account. She claims she can't change the font size on it. I've sent screenshots, explained, etc.

Oy vey...

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    frugalone, we are going through some similar things. I am being sued by my ex for so much more money than I make on disability, I have to settle with him or wait to see if a judge grants him even more money, it's tearing me apart, I hate the negotiating and hardball. I hope it goes your way and then I hope the housing situation resolves itself.

I am completely in shock and full of fear over the election, I am scared of the power Trump will have with the Supreme Court and Congress. I find I cannot even stand to hear his voice for 1 minute, so I'm not, I am not watching the news. But reading it is just as bad. I want to stick my head in the sand and not hear about one more little kid finding a picture of a lynching in his desk.

I think the suggestion to binge watch something like the Crown is a great idea to get away from it all. Can you lie down and take your anti-anxiety med when you get home from work? I always think my body is telling me something when all it wants is sleep.

Someone should've offered to host Thanksgiving by now. I'd enjoy the day doing things you actually want to do and if you get invited somewhere and don't want to go, I think with such short notice, it's fine to say you have plans, even if the plans are watching the Crown in your PJs!

If your mom has an Apple, their phone tech support is awesome. If not, I would let your sister's DH take over the IT guy role. He offered, I would direct your mom to call him. My brother lives 3 hrs away and is a computer genius, to be honest. He buys my parents expensive tech gifts, sets them up initially partway or not at all and then gets outta Dodge. Leaving me with no passwords and no clue how to proceed except by calling Apple. I was on the phone with Apple for 3 hrs yesterday for my mom. After we hung up, it went back to doing the same thing. My brother's motto is "I'm not everyone's tech support guy", he refuses to help my parents with little things. Well, I'm punting both my parents tech problems over to him over Thanksgiving. If he balks, I'll remind him I am everyone's private nurse and would he like to change places when my mother is hemorrhaging in the BR??? Fix your damn gifts.

I hope the next few weeks bring you some answers and be a little selfish; put yourself and your well being first for a while

I'm going to look at Casenet. In the meantime, my spouse is calling our lawyer today to find out what the devil is going on. We were told a decision would be made by last Wednesday; the hearing was Tuesday.

That sounds like an awful situation you were in. I hope it has been resolved in your favor.

The thing with the Chromebook--we can't figure it out. We followed all the instructions on how to install a printer, and we found we could only do it with another computer present. We don't have a laptop; hence, we need my sister or BIL to go set it up.

Yeah, you guys are all right about Thanksgiving. It's not very considerate for my sister not to have mentioned it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    The legal stuff sucks and tears you up inside. I had been dismissed from court ordered mediation and could do nothing until trial, and found out six months later that the first round of mediation failed, and they went a second round and settled, and the other attorneys were told to notify mine. (which they didn't) I packed up a suitcase and put it in my car before heading to court that day, because I had no idea how things were going to work, or how judgements worked, etc. as I expected to end up homeless. If it were a criminal proceeding, then you could look up what was going on, on Casenet or some such thing. As is, you will probably have to call your lawyer and ask his secretary what the status is.

I've had a lot more stressful life then you. College time involved a full time job, going to school full time, and hospice. Other times dealt with other things. You may not know everything going on with them, and not everyone is built the same. I have a relative that at that age, was in Vietnam, and suffers PTSD. Yet the time I remember seeing fear on his face, dealt with another relative that I was told to fear by some, and other family members compare me to. (he said he would rather go back to that time then deal with him)

The emails need to be setup with a rule to forward them to your spouse. If your not allowed to send a Youtube link on how to install a printer on a new computer, then you don't even need to see them. Let the phone calls go to voicemail. This should also be the case since Thanksgiving is getting close. Just tell whoever try's to get in touch, this late, that plans were made since you hadn't heard anything.

As for the fear, which I don't get as in all these other things: This too shall pass. You may not find any answers since your not seeking them, but venting, just realize your not alone.

P.S. Last night one of my teeth broke. Thank God I am not in pain (as I am big baby), but they can't fit me in till Nov. 30. What the what?! I'm on a waiting list.
    And this morning I spilled water on a little art book I made early this year. I know it shouldn't have been on the kitchen table, but I enjoyed looking at it every day. It's not ruined, just a little bleed-through from the water-soluble markers.

Well, da-yum. I just checked Casenet. I knew that hearings were listed on it, but didn't realize the results would be. Says our case is "closed." Spouse is calling lawyer now to get the whole story.

A relief beyond measure.

yay! a light at the end of the tunnel

I may have spoken too soon. It seems a hearing has been scheduled at a higher level court in the winter. I'm trying super-hard not to flip out/cry/scream. It is not helping that our attorney is not contacting us. We found this out by calling his office.

To (mis)quote Dr. Evil in "Austin Powers": Give me a frickin' clue here, people.

Quote Originally Posted by freshstart View Post
    yay! a light at the end of the tunnel

As the saying goes Frugalone........when it rains, it pours! Seems like you can't catch a break. Hang in there. And as far as holidays/family, and your mother go, I encourage you to stop feeling guilty for saying no to some things. You'll get used to it and really love it. I think you feel too guilty over some things and you shouldn't. Free yourself! (((hugs)))

Thread Information