Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book Review: Infidel by Anyaan Hirsi Ali

Didn't she also write Heretic? I think that got her disinvited from a number of campus speaking engagements.

Yes, she wrote Heretic. And yes, she got disinvited from college campuses who discriminate against critical thinkers. Like I said, the book I am reading is probably intellectual contraband on campus. I probably should not be seen with it by social work students.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Yes, she wrote Heretic. And yes, she got disinvited from college campuses who discriminate against critical thinkers. Like I said, the book I am reading is probably intellectual contraband on campus. I probably should not be seen with it by social work students.
    Oh please. She is black, she is female. Those are enough qualifications to keep you put of the re-education camps.

Now if the book were written by her white husband, detailing exactly the same events and ideas, you WOULD need to hide that.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh please. She is black, she is female. Those are enough qualifications to keep you put of the re-education camps.
    Not if she diverges from the party line. Particular fury is directed against those who go against the prescribed type. Remember the "special place in Hell" promised for women who didn't support Mrs. Clinton?

In the alternate reality prevailing on so many campuses, the goal is for people to look different but think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Not if she diverges from the party line. Particular fury is directed against those who go against the prescribed type. Remember the "special place in Hell" promised for women who didn't support Mrs. Clinton?

In the alternate reality prevailing on so many campuses, the goal is for people to look different but think the same.
    Ok, you guys are right, I concede. I just cannot grok identity politics 101.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is on the SPLC's "Anti-Muslim extremist list" so she is profoundly disliked by SJWs.

Speaking out against the mother lode of bad ideas that is Islam will put you on the SJW Sh*t List for sure.

Thread Information