Thread: Three Felonies a Day

Three Felonies a Day

the book Three Felonies A Day day by Harvey Silverflate tells hw overarching federal,laws make criminals of all of us.

when I can convince my IPAD to actually do its job by pasting text, I will come back with a summery.

It sounds interesting, and I will be reading a library cooy.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-19-16 at 12:45pm.

My local county government uses this to great effect to hassle people those in power don't like. With our local land use and environmental codes, it is impossible to be in compliance, and if you irritate The Powers That Be, you are in deep trouble.

It isn't just federal laws. State laws also do that, and even ones that are still on the books, but "unenforceable" may be used to detain someone, if/when they deem it needed.
    That is also one reason we have things like Jury Nullification.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    My local county government uses this to great effect to hassle people those in power don't like. With our local land use and environmental codes, it is impossible to be in compliance, and if you irritate The Powers That Be, you are in deep trouble.
    Well, I figured that I was breaking local laws daily (weeds, pets, traffic) but I cant see how I am breaking federal law. We are super careful about I.R.S. matters, to name one scary federal agency. So, will read with interest this book to see hw much of a criminal I am on the daily.

Read this one and weep. Grow feed on your own land for your own animals, and the Feds think you are engaged in interstate commerce....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

A friend got caught in state, city, township and county laws/rules/etc. Some were downright contradictory. They designed and built a subdivision on land they owned and wanted to make a couple of changes. Took the involvement of county elected officials to sort it out.

Thread Information