Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 a Day for December

I worked on my pantry before I left for work this morning. Found a baking mix from way back when dh started an elimination diet that was not a hit - to the chickens it goes.

I'm pretty sure I have hot chocolate mix from the mid 1990s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I worked on my pantry before I left for work this morning. Found a baking mix from way back when dh started an elimination diet that was not a hit - to the chickens it goes.

More books.

I have to admit: I'm getting a little discouraged. I am taking these books piece meal to the library b/c I don't drive to work and can put them in my tote bag. The last time I tried to take a box when Spouse dropped me off at work, he offered to take it for me. Silly me. I found the box and several of the books in the basement weeks later. He has a hard time parting with things. If *I* am driving somewhere, he doesn't get in the way of my donating, but I can't trust him to do it.

I just feel like I'm not making a lot of progress. But then, I haven't been in a great mood for the last several days.

Sorry frugalone. .

I worked on on the studio again this morning. My corner is a little better - just a plastic bag to recycle on the out, but it was something.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have hot chocolate mix from the mid 1990s.
    Not safe to drink - nausea, vomiting and diarrhea - toss it in the trash.

Thanks, Chicken lady. I will be OK.
    My back is bothering me so I won't be carrying any books today! Instead, I put a few small things in the box to go to the Salvation Army. Also I found several sports bras in my "unmentionables" drawer. I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy a used bra, and I have not worn them since 2008. I guess they should really go, despite that little voice in my head saying "but you might start working out again!" Yeah, and the elastic will probably have deteriorated by now (or then).

If the elastic is good, goodwill will take the bras and people will buy them. Not me, but people do. They also buy used swim suits.

today I worked in my filing cabinet for my 5 minutes (actually I unburied my filing cabinet and searched it for something) but while I was in there I found a handful of ten y.o. book order forms to recycle.

Thanks, Chicken lady. I never understand why people buy well-worn shoes, but I guess they will buy anything! (ebay is proof of that)

For Friday: 2 dusty decorations, 1 small handbag that time had ravaged, 3 cardboard packages from buying hosiery, 2 pairs tights, 2 burnt candles. Also put in a box to go to the Salvation Army: 2 sachet bags and 1 keychain. Also shredded papers going back to 2003 or older.

For today: An old Dick Blick catalog, a catalog from a photography show we attended in 2004, and a lot of old papers to the recycle bin. There was one more thing I tossed but it escapes me now what it was.

Threw out a couple of old lipsticks, put a bracelet in the pile for the Army, tossed a couple of tags from products purchased at least a year ago.

I fell off the wagon, but I'm back on track today having worked in my studio and thrown away some more saved yogurt cups. I'm starting to develop a vision for the studio.

Thread Information