Thread: True Detective, Season One

True Detective, Season One

I'm almost done watching Season One of "True Detective." Two more episodes to go! I usually don't go in for violent films or TV, but I am really liking this show. I think I have a little crush on Matthew McConaughey.
    I'm not a prude, but I do think there is a heckuva lotta gratuitous nudity on this show. Is that an HBO thing?

I have heard that Season Two is not as good so I might not watch that.

Anyone else a fan of Season One? I especially like the theme song. I have been a fan of the Handsome Family for several years now. I didn't even know about "Far From Any Road" till fairly recently. I'm pleased to say Brett Sparks is a "friend" on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by frugalone View Post
    I'm almost done watching Season One of "True Detective." Two more episodes to go! I usually don't go in for violent films or TV, but I am really liking this show. I think I have a little crush on Matthew McConaughey.
    I'm not a prude, but I do think there is a heckuva lotta gratuitous nudity on this show. Is that an HBO thing?

I have heard that Season Two is not as good so I might not watch that.

Anyone else a fan of Season One? I especially like the theme song. I have been a fan of the Handsome Family for several years now. I didn't even know about "Far From Any Road" till fairly recently. I'm pleased to say Brett Sparks is a "friend" on Facebook!
    True Dectective S. 1 is a good show. I barely remember the nudity except there is that one girl who play s Woody Jarelson's girlfriend who is spectatularly beautiful, and nude. The value in this production is the relationship,between the two guys. The crime is vaguely interesting amd nicely tied in to dark swampy LOuisiana, but it is secondary to the guys themselves.

As much as I love Colin Farrell, I abandoned Season 2 early on.

The theme song including opening credits won awards. The opening credits are qcrually wuite complex and interesting.

All of the nilhism expoused by the MCConaughey character was a bit interestomg but ultimately, went nowhere for me. This was a "buddy" show hgh on style.

I started out finding it interesting and complex and then just ran out of interest. Did not like anyone on the show and thought they were just writing stuff to keep it going.

Lately I am finding it more enjoyable to watch shows made overseas. British, Australian and New Zealand generally (although not always) use actors(male and female) who are far more realistic than those here who look 20 and size zero. It even seems some of the more mature actors are trying to look 20 and size zero regardless of age. Maybe that is why I enjoy Major Crimes since they all look pretty real.

Thread Information