Thread: Curmudgeon dog

Curmudgeon dog

Feeling bummed out in that our almost 10 year old black lab is getting grumpy with other dogs. He does not tolerate young dogs in his face and forget about cats. We just met some people who have a dog that were thinking about having him come stay at their house while we go on vacation. We met at a small dog park and our dog was obnoxious, to say the least. The other dog brought a ball and our dog took it and snapped at their dog. I don't think he longer is trustworthy around other dogs alone. It saddens me to put him in a kennel since he really is a "people dog" but have no other options unless we can find someone who does not have a dog or is always around. I know he did it to himself but it saddens me. I did put up posters in our town and at the vet's office with no luck. He is over 100 pounds and could do damage to another dog.... sigh.

WE have 4 old dogs and all are grumpy in some way. The tiny 3 could not hurt a thing but the big guy can. He will usually play well with others but occasionally will growl at a big dog. We are careful when we walk him and another dog approaches. Luckily my son moves in when we go on vacation. We are leaving on WEd for a 9 day cruise so are very grateful for him. WE can't kennel them because the little ones won't eat. I cook chicken before we leave so if they stop eating he can bring out the big guns that they can't resist.

Thread Information