Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Tweets

Williamsmith
    As astonishingly irresponsibility as some of these “tweets” seem to be, we shouldn’t forget about historical perspective and some the the outrageous quotes that have been attributed to former Presidents. And we should be thankful for “tweets” as expose the President quite nicely for the world to see. Unlike past Presidents who make statements off the “record” or unintentionally on the record as the case may be. So it was up to real investigative reporting to deiscover the flaws and human failures each and every President has possessed.

Ill start with LBJ who said, “I’ll have those n***ers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

And :

“These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”

Williamsmith
    Abraham Lincoln might have tweeted, had he a cell phone:

”I have urged the colonization of the Negroes in Africa and I shall continued.” How’s that for an immigration policy?

Williamsmith
    Ronald Reagan could have easily tweeted incorrectly a quote of John Adams, “Facts are stubborn things.” Ronny might have tweeted, “Facts are stupid things.” Judging from his speech at the 1988 Republican Convention.

Williamsmith
    Tricky Dick Nixon would have certainly tweeted, “When the President does it, that means it’s not illegal.”

Williamsmith
    You could go on quite a long time with examples of equally horrendous statements and activities.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    As astonishingly irresponsibility as some of these “tweets” seem to be, we shouldn’t forget about historical perspective and some the the outrageous quotes that have been attributed to former Presidents. And we should be thankful for “tweets” as expose the President quite nicely for the world to see. Unlike past Presidents who make statements off the “record” or unintentionally on the record as the case may be. So it was up to real investigative reporting to deiscover the flaws and human failures each and every President has possessed.

Ill start with LBJ who said, “I’ll have those n***ers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

And :

“These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”

You can post a hundred examples however it is No excuse. Deplorable actions in the past do not justify deplorable actions in the present.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    You can post a hundred examples however it is No excuse. Deplorable actions in the past do not justify deplorable actions in the present.
    Yes, I agree, but it should temper ones righteous indignation. It remains to be seen what Trumps Presidential legacy will be. Perhaps a North Korean debacle will define it, maybe one of the numerous ongoing “investigations” will finally force his resignation, or perhaps we simply absorb another three years of unenlightened tweeting going into the next election.

But as easy as it is to expend energy demeaning his ignorance and ineptitude......one should be concerned with the lack of preparedness the Democratic Party shows. To be beaten by such a moron as Trump. To have not one viable candidate for the next election on the horizon. To fail to find a strategy that would be more inclusive of the fringe voters...perhaps more centrist in their platform? Trump leads. You may not be happy with the direction but he leads. The Democratic Party hasn’t decided on a direction yet.

Find me a democrat I can vote for.....that’s what Middle America is saying.

And women are getting increasingly "uppity" now, too. Must be a nightmare for those who hold the reins of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    ......one should be concerned with the lack of preparedness the Democratic Party shows. To be beaten by such a moron as Trump. To have not one viable candidate for the next election on the horizon. To fail to find a strategy that would be more inclusive of the fringe voters...perhaps more centrist in their platform? Trump leads. You may not be happy with the direction but he leads. The Democratic Party hasn’t decided on a direction yet.

Find me a democrat I can vote for.....that’s what Middle America is saying.
    My thinking is that I don't have to personally like the person who is piloting the airplane I'm a passenger on, as long as we safely get to the destination. Unfortunately in the last election, the "liking" part overrode the policy part, and now we're stuck with a president who is going to surprise a lot of his supporters with the destination they're going to land in.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    And women are getting increasingly "uppity" now, too. Must be a nightmare for those who hold the reins of power.
    Yes, it seems it is the era of 'well behaved women rarely make history'

Thread Information