Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Trump Tweets

Williamsmith
    Again, I am relying on news reports so All of what I opine on is based on that.

I did have one thought I forgot to mention. Zarate’s arrest is reported as occurring about one hour after the incident. The bullet retrieved from the body of the victim was discovered to have a flattened side consistent with a ricochet. That evidence wasn’t discovered until four days after the incident. That’s when investigators returned to the pier to look for the location of the ricochet. Up until then, investigators were working off the assumption that Zarate had taken direct aim at the victim.

By the time the ricochet was discovered.....how much pressure had already been building for a conviction of murder? One can assume the high profile nature and the politics were more than just a distraction.

That particular model firearm has an external hammer that can be manually cocked. When it is, the double action feature which is about a ten pound trigger pull turns into single action with about a 5 lb trigger pull or less.

But there is one other possibility and that is a slip of the thumb while cocking the hammer can result in an accidental discharge. The BLM and all law enforcement for that matter requires the duty weapon to have one round hot in the chamber. That’s the way it is carried. That is why the owners manual warns against manually cocking the hammer. Police officers who are trained and experienced with their firearm....have accidental discharges when distracted or just not thinking clearly. A moron without any prior experience with a Sig Sauer P239 would be an accident waiting for a place to happen. I’d be interested to know how many rounds were found in the magazine when the gun was found or if the magazine was even in the magazine well.

Im not saying that’s what happened. I think only Zarate really knows.

Trump, a moron of a different kind.......however knows exactly what he is doing and should have his phone placed in a lockbox before it accidentally goes off again and really hurts somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Trump, a moron of a different kind.......however knows exactly what he is doing and should have his phone placed in a lockbox before it accidentally goes off again and really hurts somebody.
    How true!

Just saw on The Daily Show (Trevor Noah) that Trump's tweets about fake CNN news have affected responses to the slave auction report in Libya.

And he continues to circle the drain with his recent stream.

Looks like he had a fine Tweeting weekend!

Yes, he did. If all his whining/tweeting about important things, like how SNL treated him, wasn't enough, his perfunctory tweet to NZ was beyond the pale--"best wishes"???? "Warmest sympathies"????
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Maybe he’s trying to move beyond the stupid ‘thoughts and prayers’ that are normally offered up after mass shootings. Or maybe it’s just he’s aware enough to realize that saying the shooter was a good person wouldn’t go over any better than it did with the white terrorist in charlottesville that ran over a bunch of people with his car.

At least he didn't go to NZ and throw a few rolls of paper towels at their heads.

The ritual thoughts-and-prayers-sneering has become as tediously predictable as the offending phrase.

I will pray for more originality for all parties.

He's a sick man.

He tactfully picked on someone who is not capable of fighting back, his old whipping boy McCain.

Thread Information